Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 06:40 PM

Re: I felt very old today . . .

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Toilets are the bain in anyone's life Mups. I normally cross my legs as I
refuse to pay 20p for the toilets. I have had to walk very fast when
arriving at Manchester on the train as I hate going on the train toilets
too. So I normally walk to somewhere like Debenhams or a café where
you know they have to have a toilet.
I will cheer you up with my toilet story. When I was in Geneva, Switzerland
I had to go outside the UN. They have one of these new fangled toilets.
It is all in French so instructions do exist. My D in L opened the door for
me and I went in to use the toilet. Then washed my hands. When I
turned around I couldn't find the button to press open on the door. I
was then panicking as unlike the toilets in England, the ones abroad
clean themselves after use. I was looking at all the French trying to
read it and after about a minute managed to find the button to press
and ran out when the doors opened. The doors then closed and you
could hear the whole of the toilet, floor and all being drowned in a shower
of water. I could just imagine if I had been still in it how great I would
have looked like a drowned rat.

I actually DID start to get a wash in one of those toilets opposite the Colosseum in Rome. I put in many coins to the amount required, but something must have gone wrong because I did my wee, and it started to wash itself. I was in complete darkness, yelled in panic, felt along the side for the open button, meanwhile starting to get wet, and at last was freed. Tried to walk back to where Mum was, all composed. Think I got away with it, but oh, never again!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 10:38 PM

Nice to hear other opinions, thanks everyone.
It was just a combination of the distance from the bus terminal to the shops, the space-age loos, and then the icing on the cake was those wretched school kids.
Ah well, perhaps I'll stick to my nearer, smaller town next time - and they've got normal loos there too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:27 PM

I used the toilet in a local music venue and after a couple of minutes, (I was concentrating) the lights went out, I groped around for my handbag & walking stick and staggered out all dishevelled, it was very scary!
I really dislike the automated ones that say "Welcome, the time for using this facility is limited, you will be told when to leave" you don't know whether to sit down or hover in case it shouts, "Get out now!"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I used the toilet in a local music venue and after a couple of minutes, (I was concentrating) the lights went out, I groped around for my handbag & walking stick and staggered out all dishevelled, it was very scary!
I really dislike the automated ones that say "Welcome, the time for using this facility is limited, you will be told when to leave" you don't know whether to sit down or hover in case it shouts, "Get out now!"

I've never heard of such a thing Twiz, I'd be furious. How dare anyone tell us how long it should take us go to the loo. Some twisted git will invent ejector seats next!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've never heard of such a thing Twiz, I'd be furious. How dare anyone tell us how long it should take us go to the loo. Some interfering git will invent ejector seats next!
Lets hope it's a lady inventor, who will design in a reset the seat to closed position function.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-12-2014, 11:41 PM

Well how would you like it Spitty, if a something like a piano lid came down on your bits and pieces when "those in charge" decided you had gone over your 30 seconds?

I bet all these stupid ideas for us ladies, are thought up by women-hating men! !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:43 PM

Unfortunately they don't have seats, all shiny stainless steel, well not shiny exactly. Usually the water doesn't work in the automatic sinks...or it works just as you've got fed up waiting and got the antibac gel out of your bag!
I love Glastonbury but, the public loos by the bus station are disgusting, I wish they'd do something about them, it's a very bad experience for tourists!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-12-2014, 11:48 PM

Wish I was like a man and could just wee up a tree.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
On the spur of the moment, I decided to go for a bus ride to my nearest big town today. I haven't been there for ages.

It took about 1 & quarter hours to get there, and once off the bus, I decided I needed the loo. I found a very posh, 'futuristic' looking one in the brand new bus station that's just been built, only thing is, it had barricades across the entrance. There was a machine appearing to need 20p, but after posting the money, I still couldn't get in. Eventually a kind lady pointed out a different machine altogether and said to try that one. It worked and the barricades lifted. What a palaver I thought, and I also recalled when it used to cost just 1p!
When I was coming back out, the pesky barricades were down again and I couldn't figure out how to get out! I was getting a bit ratty by then. Then a man standing outside shouted across to me to "Push the button on the wall", which I did, and did and finally escaped! How stupid not to have any instructions anywhere, I have never even seen a loo like that before and hadn't got a clue what to do.

When I got to huge 'Boots' I knew there was an escalator somewhere in the shop but had to ask someone where, (no signs anywhere). Then I got lost in the shopping centre and couldn't find the way out again, so had to ask again!

I went on to get lost once more on the way back to the bus station, and was so relieved to finally get back on the bus in the warm, sit down and be taken home.
But - the schools had turned out by then and three awful girls of about 13 or 14 got on and sat right behind me. Shouting so that the entire bus could hear them, they seemed unable to finish a single sentence with out swearing. Everything was F***ing, P***ing, Sh**, along with quite a few D*ck head thrown in. You daren't say anything to them for fear of reprisal, but I was really fed up with them. Along with that, there were at least 4 people shouting down their mobile phones too!

Not sure if I am now too ancient to be let out on my own now, or whether I just need to get out more. . .
Your story reminds me why (where ever possible) I never use public transport or to go into any town centre on market days or when the schools are out.

As for those girls on the bus it just makes me mad to even think you had to put up with all that.

Hope you feel better now
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-12-2014, 12:00 AM

Thankyou Losos, I'm fine now, bless you.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top