Join for free
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 03:52 PM

Nottingham Christmas Market

I arrived early for my meet with Carol so wondered round the Stalls before they closed for the night ,i took a few photos to show you all .Theres also an outdoor Ice Skating ring just to the side of the Christmas tree .

Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 04:22 PM

Re: Nottingham Christmas Market

I was in Manchester at the beginning of he month and I thought it was a bit of a disappointment, given the size of the city. The markets in Sheffield were very poor compared to previous years, and Nottingham market doesn't look brilliant either.

OK, I'm biassed, but the UK just doesn't seem to have the same flare for these things as the continentals. Having said that, the Munich market was pathetic when we visited.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I was in Manchester at the beginning of he month and I thought it was a bit of a disappointment, given the size of the city. The markets in Sheffield were very poor compared to previous years, and Nottingham market doesn't look brilliant either.

OK, I'm biassed, but the UK just doesn't seem to have the same flare for these things as the continentals. Having said that, the Munich market was pathetic when we visited.

Thank you for your thoughts Grumble.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Nice pictures Eliza ... the Manchester Christmas are not much to shout about I agree with GW .... all the same old same old !!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 06:55 PM

I got caught up in a traffic jam coming into Nottingham but managed a look around the stalls before they closed ... I thought it was nice.

Good pictures Eliza.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 07:27 PM

It looks lovely Eliza we always used to go the Nottingham Goose Fair when I was little
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 07:35 PM

Sounds like you two had a fab day and made the most of it
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2014, 08:34 PM

Last year, an Aberdeen travel company advertised a trip to Rüdesheim am Rhein. Two days travelling, one day there and two days back. I thought that's madness - four days travelling for one in Rüdesheim (of all places). However, when we were visiting Frankfurt, we took the train along the Rhein to Rüdesheim, which is only a small town. It was actually very good and had a larger and better Christmas market than either Manchester or Sheffield.

I've been to Christmas markets in several cities in the UK and in general they don't compare to the European ones. I've always thought that the British could put on a good show. It's a pity that they can't do it in December!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

12-12-2014, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Last year, an Aberdeen travel company advertised a trip to Rüdesheim am Rhein. Two days travelling, one day there and two days back. I thought that's madness - four days travelling for one in Rüdesheim (of all places). However, when we were visiting Frankfurt, we took the train along the Rhein to Rüdesheim, which is only a small town. It was actually very good and had a larger and better Christmas market than either Manchester or Sheffield.

I've been to Christmas markets in several cities in the UK and in general they don't compare to the European ones. I've always thought that the British could put on a good show. It's a pity that they can't do it in December!
The funny thing is though Grumble is these are markets from other countries , I tasted some chocolate from a German market , not very nice nor were the Danish Pastry.
I may not have bought anything this year , but what i did take away in my heart and mind was the Beauty of the stalls and the hard work each stall holder had put in .
I loved what i saw , but then i dont get out as much now and little things please me ..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

12-12-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Sounds like you two had a fab day and made the most of it
I looked forward to yesterday Alice and i wasn't disappointed . It does one good to get out now and again

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top