Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 10:43 PM

Re: What is the biggest compliment you have recieved

I guess Iīve had my share of compliments but the two that always stay with me are when I went to collect my then 16 year old son from his friendīs house, his friend answered the door and shouted to my son that his sister had arrived to take him home, (needless to say my son was mortified) and the other one was a few years ago when my closest friend was dying from a brain tumor and it was family visiting only, my friend told the staff that I was her sister and I quite literally rarely saw my home for 8 months, if I wasnīt at work I was with her. I have a very treasured card she wrote for me in one of her lucid moments saying it was to the best friend in the world and she couldnīt have faced any of this horror without me. I wouldnīt part with that card for a million pounds.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I guess Iīve had my share of compliments but the two that always stay with me are when I went to collect my then 16 year old son from his friendīs house, his friend answered the door and shouted to my son that his sister had arrived to take him home, (needless to say my son was mortified) and the other one was a few years ago when my closest friend was dying from a brain tumor and it was family visiting only, my friend told the staff that I was her sister and I quite literally rarely saw my home for 8 months, if I wasnīt at work I was with her. I have a very treasured card she wrote for me in one of her lucid moments saying it was to the best friend in the world and she couldnīt have faced any of this horror without me. I wouldnīt part with that card for a million pounds.
So touching - true friendship, a wonderful thing .......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Easy,when my grandson told`his nan that he

"Wanted to be just like grandad" when he was grown up

How priceless
It is priceless RJ.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
That's really heart-warming. Good for him that he realized that Dad was working to take care of his family. Bravo. You've got a good boy there.

I think my biggest compliment was from my Mother in one of her more lucid moments. I had dropped out of high school to go to work. One day I decided that I wanted to finish high school, so I went an got an equivalency diploma. When I passed the test, she said "I knew you could do it." One simple sentence; it meant the world.
That sentence does mean so much. It only takes a few words from a particular person to touch you.
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
One of my sons, in particular, is always bringing a lump to my throat as he sends me texts now and again just saying thank you for everything mum and I don't know what I'd do without you.

This wasn't an actual compliment, but it was like a huge compliment from a dear friend, just by an act of kindness and selflessness. Around the same time my husband left me, her husband went to the gym one day, took a heart attack and died. My friend was at a girls weekend in Edinburgh. You can imagine................ Another friend called her to see how she was and the first thing she asked was "how's Myra?". Well. I was inconsolable when I was told this. A few years before, she had lost her 21 year old son in an accident. She then sent me flowers. There's hardly a day goes by that I don't think about her. What a wonderful "compliment" from a beautiful friend.
That's the kind of compliment that shows you what a true friend you are Alice.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

14-12-2014, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pappy ->
That's the kind of compliment that shows you what a true friend you are Alice.
Thank you, and thanks for acknowledging my post :- . She is definitely a true friend to me.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 09:23 PM

When my husband asked me to marry him.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
When my husband asked me to marry him.
Yes Mall that is indeed a great compliment
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 11:10 PM

My middle daughter rang to say that my grandson was taking one of my paintings into school, he had been asked to take in a picture by his favourite artist! Warm glow from head to toe!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
My middle daughter rang to say that my grandson was taking one of my paintings into school, he had been asked to take in a picture by his favourite artist! Warm glow from head to toe!
At that's lovely Twiz which painting was it...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top