Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 05:16 PM

Bed Socks

Swiss Reseachers have found that having cold feet and hands stops you getting to sleep. Wear socks to keep feet warm. It will prompt your blood vessels to dilate and your body's temperature regulation system to kick in, releasing hormones such as melatonin to regulate sleep. I always have TBH, the trick now, is to get DH to do the same .LOL
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Re: Bed Socks

I have my lovely electrickery blanket that does a great job of keeping me snug as a bug in a rug, or a bed, during the day I wear socks with my jeans, I've got it all covered
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 05:47 PM

Grin.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 05:49 PM

I sleep naked so bed socks would look rather silly !
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 05:50 PM

today's socks are red, getting into the festive mood already, tomorrow they could be green
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 05:52 PM

I have a blue pair and a pink pair both knitted by Tasha, reminds me every night how she cared. Nice warm feet but still I don't sleep well though so not sure what I am doing wrong.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 05:57 PM

I couldn't bear to wear socks, or pyjamas. More often than not I wear nothing. The duvet is off, then it's on. Then I sleep with a thin sheet. Then it's at the bottom of the bed. It's the only problem I'm having with the menopause. I don't sleep right because of it. It would be nice to be able to wear cosy stuff, especially in the Winter!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

13-12-2014, 05:58 PM

I don't think you're doing anything wrong Julie, there are many reasons why our sleep is disturbed or we just can't seem to get into sleep mode, recently with me it's been due to losing my mum, other times it's been stress related, worry, my brain just wants to keep on going not allowing me to rest
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 06:24 PM

Apparently I'm one big hot water bottle .

If my feet are cold I just shove em where it is warm - usually it makes the other person jump a bit though; but I always find that funny .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Swiss Reseachers have found that having cold feet and hands stops you getting to sleep. Wear socks to keep feet warm. It will prompt your blood vessels to dilate and your body's temperature regulation system to kick in, releasing hormones such as melatonin to regulate sleep. I always have TBH, the trick now, is to get DH to do the same .LOL
Yes ... having cold feet prevents me from sleeping. Even when I'm wearing socks, my feet can remain cold and on the odd occasion when I've made myself a hot water bottle, it's certainly done the trick and I've nodded off quickly.

I also find that if my knees get too hot, I am likely to have bad dreams

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top