Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Re: Bed Socks

I HATE being overly warm in bed, unlike moh who would probably boil if he could! We neither of us wear anything in bed, but get round our disparity by having a king-sized bed, but single duvets. At the moment, I have a 3-tog cotton one, and his is a 15-tog goosedown one. Apparently the Norwegians do it this way.

Well it works for us!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:15 PM

I too suffer the menopause and would rather not wear anything in bed, but as I refuse to have a rad switched on in the bedroom (preferring to wedge doors open and let heat come through from other rooms), I could get cold feet in extreme weather, as they are pointing towards my ever open window.

So I sometimes put my bedsocks on. Or wear them during the evening if the feet get cold.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I too suffer the menopause and would rather not wear anything in bed, but as I refuse to have a rad switched on in the bedroom (preferring to wedge doors open and let heat come through from other rooms), I could get cold feet in extreme weather, as they are pointing towards my ever open window.
Jazzi it's an uncomfortable time of life. Part of life, but uncomfortable. People have cardigans and jumpers on. I've got bare sleeves and I'm always hot. Sleep is disturbed more than ever before. I can't open the window in my bedroom as I have asthma. It makes it worse. Hopefully we're gradually on the way to normal, whatever "normal" is
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:29 PM

Cats do a similar job. I used to have one for each foot. They complained a bit when I put them on, but soon got used to it.
Unfortunately I only have one now. If anyone knows of a spare cat with an accommodating rear, please let me know. My foot is in need.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:38 PM

I snuggle down with my pussy every night, she loves the attention
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:41 PM

Is that an offer Honey?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:48 PM

only if you're another pussy!
Pappy
Scotland UK

13-12-2014, 07:52 PM

Second thoughts it might not be such a good idea. I have got rather large feet.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I snuggle down with my pussy every night, she loves the attention
You are a tinker, to be sure .
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 08:21 PM

Couldn't possibly wear socks. I get too warm and have to uncover every so often until I cool off then cover myself again to warm up............but then I never sleep well. No heat on in the bedroom only what filters in from the rest of the flat.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top