Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 12:12 AM

Re: Bed Socks

Like some of the other ladies I'm a martyr to the blimmin' hot flushes, been going on for years and no signs of stopping.
I do have an electric blanket but I rarely use it, I also sometimes wear socks in bed but when one of those melting moments arrive it's like being in the Sahara at midday. I sometimes go and stand on the tiles in the bathroom in bare feet and splash cold water on my face.
Advantage is it saves on heating bills, people complain that the house is cold but I find that keeping myself a bit on the chilly side does help with the frequency of the HF's.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

14-12-2014, 05:03 AM

I have always worn socks to bed. For some strange reason, I can be warm and comfortable everywhere else, but my feet stay cold. I can't sleep with cold feet.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 05:35 AM

The only thing I wear is underpants and a Mozzy net over my bed.

The only reason for the undies is it's no fun being bitten on the old fella by a mozzy who gets through the net.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 07:04 AM

When night time temperatures get down into single figures I drag out my bed socks. My ex employer used to supply us with 6 pairs of thick woollen knee high socks each year (fire proof and heat resistant) so when I retired I had heaps of them.

I have cut a few pairs down to shin height and wear them in the depths of winter, because I use a doona my feet sometimes stick out the bottom of the bed but wearing these I never have trouble sleeping.

Absolutely hate electric blankets that all over warmth is really horrible. When I go to stay with my daughter in Canberra (and it does get cold there) I take a hot water bottle with me as well as my socks.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by david ->
The only thing I wear is underpants and a Mozzy net over my bed.

The only reason for the undies is it's no fun being bitten on the old fella by a mozzy who gets through the net.
Ouch, David
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 06:30 PM

Can't bear my feet to be covered up, I always kick the quilt off my feet so wouldn't get on with socks although at one time I always wore them to bed..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 07:42 PM

All this talk about bedsocks has made me focus on my cold feet in mules so I have just bought some slippers online

I don't like bed socks though, I like my feet to breath at night .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Alice, for me it's been 11 years this month and counting. My mum suffered most of her life, I believe, or for a long long time.

I put a blanket on when it's cold but you can bet your life just as I'm ready to jump into bed I get a hottun! Have to switch off blanket and wait till I've cooled down. Grrrr.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 09:05 PM

I suppose that I'm lucky. I never have cold feet in bed but I do wear bed socks under my boots when the weather is really cold outdoors.
Maggie1947
Kent
Maggie1947 is female  Maggie1947 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 10:01 PM

The only heating in my bedroom is a plug in radiator.I put that on to warm the room a hour before bedtime, plus a hotwater bottle an bedsocks.Sometimes I leave the socks off as get to hot.lol.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top