Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 03:03 PM

Re: Driving speeds

Originally Posted by Honey ->
<sigh> I think we are flogging a dead horse on this one Julie, FB is never going to accept others may be right and he is possibly wrong, not in a month of Sundays
Ok, i'm wrong. Happy now?
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As the speed limit is the maximum I don't feel at all guilty driving at a speed below that where I feel comfortable, if you find you come up behind me too quick then that's your fault for driving too fast to react !
To the owner of a Robin Reliant the 70 MPH is more of a challenge than a limit.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Ok, i'm wrong. Happy now?
ec flippin static!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Have we got our wires crossed here? A milk float is an electric vehicle, not, for example, a Ford Transit modified to carry milk.. (IMHO, of course)
Why do you think I don't know that ? the back section is made from cast iron the batteries are carried under the seats and the front section/cab is fibre glass construction. Hit the back you are in trouble hit the front the milkman is in trouble. They are recharged over night plugged into the mains. I have driven one and delivered milk, I know what they are.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 03:42 PM

Drivers should drive within their comfort zone, if that means constantly driving at 60% of the speed limit regardless of conditions they should not be on the road. Imo.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 04:00 PM

And you are entitled to your opinion I still say speed limits are maximums and nothing says we all have to rush around trying to keep to them. I have to also say not had an accident that was my fault ever, only had someone who actually said I thought you had gone plough into the back of me at lights when the lights were still red and another who hit be on my rear door as I passed their driveway and they backed out without looking.

As I said dogs and children in my life come before speed.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 04:38 PM

Well having just a few moments ago returned home and whilst out a terrific storm began with the rain lashing down like you wouldnīt believe, thunder, lightning, the lot. My friend and I were drenched getting to the car. When we get heavy rain here the roads tend to flood, the drains overflow and you can be up to your ankles in water very quickly. Coming home visibility was bad because of the rain, the usual places were flooded but so many idiots driving dangerously, mostly the 4x4 brigade who never seem to realise that a 4x4 might get over rough places but stops the same as any other car. They seem to see floods as a challenge to their vehicles and speed through them cascading water everywhere, causing problems for other drivers and pedestrians. They donīt seem to have a clue that when roads have been dry for so long they are then very slippery when wet, they apply their brakes and slide all over the road or end up aquaplaning. As for the drivers in hire cars, well Iīm not even going to go there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
The speed limits can be 'ignored' if to adhere to them would hinder the use of the vehicle for a police purpose
what does that mean, don't hold up police men
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And you are entitled to your opinion I still say speed limits are maximums and nothing says we all have to rush around trying to keep to them.
Julie that is how I interpret things but many seem to think the speed limit is a rough guide

I drive up to the speed limit if the conditions warrant it
but slower if they don't.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 06:24 PM

behave yerself! it means the police can ignore them though I'm sure you know that already!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top