Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 10:37 PM

Anyone fancy helping out?

Hi All

As many of you have probably noticed, the forum has been steadily growing and so I think it is about time we expanded the team with some official helpers

Becoming a helper is the first step to Mod dom though of course it is not the only reason to want to help out, it's because you enjoy the site and want to help keep it running smoothly for everyone

So what does it entail and what sort of person should apply?

It entails what many of you do on a day to day basis anyway - being a good ol round member. Ok, if that's not specific enough

- A friendly person who welcomes new members and does their best to make them feel part of the site by replying to their threads and posts and generally being helpful and welcoming.
- A good member of the community who does the same even for established members (sometimes even us oldies need to feel the lurve)
- Someone who puts others first in the sense that while they will still post their thoughts in debates and emotive topics, they won't feel like they have to have the last word or get into an argument over it.
- A generally considerate person who isn't 'anti' or 'phobic' anything, remembering that the forum is made up of all sorts of people and sometimes, some views, especially about things that people can't change, can be hurtful.

Ok, so apart from being a nice person, what will it entail?

Again, as many of you already do, Helpers keep an eye out for things on the forum - like spam, arguments, threads in the wrong section, titles that don't properly reflect the content of the thread and anything else you feel warrants the attention of a mod. At some point, we may even give Helpers the appropriate permissions to edit/move and perhaps later, to temporarily lock threads until a Mod or Admin can look at it... I wasn't joking when I said it was the first step to Mod dom

So, anyone fancy giving it a go?

If you think this is right up your street and you fit the criteria as per above, then please let us know by starting a thread in the Contact Admin or Contact a Mod section

If you know anyone who you think will make a good Helper, please encourage them to put themselves forward! Or you can let us know in the Contact a Mod section and if enough people 'nominate' someone we can approach them directly. Remember, don't just nominate your friends, Helpers may have to deal with issues relating to you so you really do want to make sure the person you nominate is fair and level-headed.

Thank you all for being part of this forum and doing your bit - if you now want to go one step further I look forward to hearing from you
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 07:14 PM

Re: Anyone fancy helping out?

Hello Azz..... I wish I could helping out, but I think a brand new member person will have may be a difficult time to understanding me...lol..... and also I am not very good to explain how to find the way around or to do things they will ask.... but I will wish and hope that you will find many good helpers to help you..... I think you ALL do a very good (and important) job here, and we all appreciate very much the caring that you give to all members... Keep the good work up! From Gia xo
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gianetta ->
Hello Azz..... I wish I could helping out, but I think a brand new member person will have may be a difficult time to understanding me...lol..... and also I am not very good to explain how to find the way around or to do things they will ask.... but I will wish and hope that you will find many good helpers to help you..... I think you ALL do a very good (and important) job here, and we all appreciate very much the caring that you give to all members... Keep the good work up! From Gia xo
Yes Gia, for the reasons you just gave there, I can see why you have jumped back into your bunker!
Mind you, I haven't exactly noticed a rush of people wanting to do what Azz outlined there.
I can't say I blame them!
Now then.
Can I please join you in your Bunker?
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 08:03 PM

You goofy, Kenny! .... all the time I hear the word "bunker" I think of two thing: Archie Bunker and Adolf Hitler...haha..... Sure you can join the bunker if you wish... (but there will be a small admission fee, of course - expenses)

Yes, I know that Azz and the rest has a big big job to do, and I think it will require some one who have been here for a long time and can show compassion but also rule with a velvet glove, eh? Hey! - what about YOU Bruiser? (second thought.... - may be not)
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 08:52 PM

You goofy, Kenny! .... all the time I hear the word "bunker" I think of two thing: Archie Bunker and Adolf Hitler...haha..... Sure you can join the bunker if you wish... (but there will be a small admission fee, of course - expenses)

Yes, I know that Azz and the rest has a big big job to do, and I think it will require some one who have been here for a long time and can show compassion but also rule with a velvet glove, eh? Hey! - what about YOU Bruiser? (second thought.... - may be not)
What? What?
ME do a job which will possibly lead up to being a MOD.
You gotta be joking!
I don't fancy one little bit trying to get people such as me to behave themselves.

Mind you, on second thoughts, perhaps if I could change my handle here to Sadpeskymodonaforum then I might think about it!
Gianetta
US

19-01-2016, 09:01 PM

Okay dokey, Kenny.... I think Sadpeskymodonaforum have a nice ring to it... is meant for you , that job! haha... Good Luck! (Buonafortuna!)
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:50 AM

We have had quite a few nominations sent privately/via the contact a Mod and Admin sections Boozercruiser

Aww thanks, it's the thought that counts
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

20-01-2016, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
We have had quite a few nominations sent privately/via the contact a Mod and Admin sections Boozercruiser

Aww thanks, it's the thought that counts
Thanks for the info Azz.
Depending on who you accept to help you there, possibly leading to that person being a Mod.
There is only one thing left to say.
HELP!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 01:49 AM

I couldn't do it, the power would go to my head!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

20-01-2016, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I couldn't do it, the power would go to my head!
You know what Honey.
That is so true.
Give someone the power to delete posts/move threads/hand out rollockings/ban members etc.
And they just HAVE to use it!

Present Mods excepted of course.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top