Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 07:19 PM

Re: How Did Cheating Become Acceptable?

At one of the quizzes l go to, the quizmaster says, they have some device that can detect if a mobile phone is is being used during the quiz.
I don’t know if it’s the truth or if it is just a frightener?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 08:27 PM

There's nothing new in cheating ... perhaps it's become less honourable.

At school we cheated in our exams. There was food rationing during the war, Jones the butcher would have a spare pork chop for Captain Mainwaring ... etc.

Politicians lying is another matter, and something needs to be done there.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Britain is becoming more and more corrupt. It starts right at the so called top with certain people sleeping with young girls and associating with the wrong sort, then there are the cheating politicians and at the bottom of the scale, those who don't declare their free tea and biscuits on their self assessment forms.

It's all part of our imminent demise into a third world country.
I don't know about certain people sleeping with young girls. Are you referring to the likes of Jimmy Saville back in the 70s/80s. Well, aren't we more erm respectable now? Aren't we changing for the better in many respects?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That is exactly what I'm saying. We're on this earth once.
I have dealt with some very successful people in my life some who are pals and I don't think even one of them would agree with you.....lying and cheating may on occasions bring you short term success but people would soon realise and you would be the loser. I have a feeling you are not as succesful in life you would have us all believe.....just a feeling
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
At one of the quizzes l go to, the quizmaster says, they have some device that can detect if a mobile phone is is being used during the quiz.
I don’t know if it’s the truth or if it is just a frightener?
Made me laugh Arty....I have pals who go to quiz nights...they were telling me there was actually fisticuffs the other night after someone was accused of cheating....they take it so seriously .....if you find out there really is a device let me know and I'll pass on the info....it might save a few black eyes
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

14-12-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am with you all the way in this Summer but I am afraid that, those who do that, are the ones who make me glad that I haven't got another 60 years to put up with it!
Stay optimistic Twinks I think most people deep down are good and honest......Merry Christmas
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Stay optimistic Twinks I think most people deep down are good and honest......Merry Christmas
I am sure you are right Summer, because I know a lot of decent , honest people. Sadly I see that the bad ones are on the increase, probably because the more cheats succeed, the more people are likely to try the same tactics.

I really dislike liars, because if they cannot be truthful, even they know they are doing something wrong.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I have dealt with some very successful people in my life some who are pals and I don't think even one of them would agree with you.....lying and cheating may on occasions bring you short term success but people would soon realise and you would be the loser. I have a feeling you are not as succesful in life you would have us all believe.....just a feeling
Successful? Well we manage, can't ask for more than that!

When it comes to doing whatever it needs if you keep clear blue water between friends and business then who cares what one does in business. I freely admit that I have very few friends, a number of acquaintances but thinking about it only three TRUE friends, and that suits me just fine.

As regards anything else the only thing to be constantly aware of is the risk Vs benefit ratio and make decisions based on that alone.

These things I learned the hard way from living where we did.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Cheats should never prosper.
That may be, however, the most successful among us are cheaters. They believe that honest people are just suckers.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
That may be, however, the most successful among us are cheaters. They believe that honest people are just suckers.
Surely that depends on what you are successful at!

If you are talking about those who make money out of cheating, the chances are that they got it by criminal activities or used it for criminal activities. I wonder how many more successful Weinsteins there are , that use money to abuse women?

Honest people are not suckers, they are honest & win respect from other decent, honest people. When the successful cheaters get old & infirm they may enjoy their lonely existence in a high class care home, but the decent honest people will still have somebody to care about them!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top