Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:13 AM

75 Times!

That's how many times in one day, the average person in the UK is filmed on CCTV and other personal security cameras.
Those who live in the country... not so often of course
And for those who live and/or work in London, it can be as many as 300 times a day!

Does that make you feel safer?
Or do you think that it is an unnecessary invasion of privacy?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:14 AM

Re: 75 Times!

I am ok with ii . I feel safer as ive nothing to hide
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:17 AM

I must remember to smile when I’m out
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:28 AM

I would love to know where that information came from Rhian
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I would love to know where that information came from Rhian
The WWW!

I saw it on fb first realspeed
then googled it!
All the sites that the search brought up seemed to come up with the same answers
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:49 AM

Funny you should mention this. My friend was telling me how someone went to their grandchild's first nativity play but 2asnt allowed to take pictures. You could however BUY photos from the school. These children are filmed by big brother everywhere they go yet don't let parents take photos of their kids.

Personally big brother pees me off but because of vile people it has to be done.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:51 AM

I am well below the average I am only 'on camera' once a week .

It doesn't bother me being monitored. One of my many jobs (I had five at one stage to fund my son through Uni) was monitoring the video cameras in a couple of small towns. Very little happened, we got to see lots of foxes at night.
We did the monitoring while answering calls from Linkline personal alarms at the same time which stopped it being to boring.

At that time ( over 20 years ago ) the camera quality was very poor and the pictures grainy so I don't think they were of much use .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Funny you should mention this. My friend was telling me how someone went to their grandchild's first nativity play but 2asnt allowed to take pictures. You could however BUY photos from the school. These children are filmed by big brother everywhere they go yet don't let parents take photos of their kids.

Personally big brother pees me off but because of vile people it has to be done.
LQ that is correct I went to the toddler twins nativity last week and no photographs were allowed other than the official school filming.

A member of my extended family has two adopted children with the most appalling family history , it is very important these children are not photographed at school to appear on social media.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I must remember to smile when I’m out
I would prefer to give them who ever is watching
the single middle finger salute.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 01:25 PM

It does bother me but I can't do anything about it and many here are very complacent about the invasion of our privacy. I think it's awful. I like privacy and am not happy that everything we do is filmed and recorded and tracked. It's an infringement of personal liberty.

The one truly safe place we now have left is our minds. I wonder how long before they try to get into there with technology.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top