Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:15 PM

Having a Takeaway

Hi

We are both shattered, so for the first time in years I have ordered a Takeaway.

A Local Indian, good reviews and a 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating.

We will have to wait and see what it is like.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:25 PM

Re: Having a Takeaway

We love indian food, I usually cook my own though but we have been known to order the odd takeaway.

We have a shop in town called Spices and Rices, it's a heat and eat shop. They don't open at night. They make the best indian food I've ever tasted and it has rave reviews, people come from miles around for their food.

They do banquets and they will come cook in your home if you are having a dinner party.

It is a family run establishment and they are the friendliest people, always make you feel so welcome in their shop. They usually have freebies on offer to try too, I have yet to have something I haven't liked from there.

Take a look at their website.

What did you order by the way?

https://www.spicesandrices.co.uk/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:29 PM

Swimmy, l have taken it that you have checked their hygiene score out?
I remember, you usually won’t consider them if their score is low.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have often wondered whether restaurants with a low score would display their certificate, or if they have to, somewhere where no one will see it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:35 PM

Enjoy your takeaway Swimmy.

My kids use them often, but we haven't - never. Tony doesn't like foreign food..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have often wondered whether restaurants with a low score would display their certificate, or if they have to, somewhere where no one will see it.
Longy, I think you just have to go on your Local Authority’s Environmental Health Dept. site.
I think swimmy worked in the Environmental Health Department, so knew all about these scores.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:40 PM

Longy, I think you just have to go on your Local Authority’s Environmental Health Dept. site.
I think swimmy worked in the Environmental Health Department, so knew all about these scores.
Just been looking at my local which is a 4 star apparently.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:43 PM

Hi

I have looked online, they have 5 Stars, the top rating.

It has arrived and we are munching our way through it.

It is delicious.

Mixed starter, Chicken Tikka Massala, Lamb Rogan Josh, Keema Rice, Keema Naan, pompadoms and riata.

£25 delivered, including the tip.

Great Fun.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have looked online, they have 5 Stars, the top rating.

It has arrived and we are munching our way through it.

It is delicious.

Mixed starter, Chicken Tikka Massala, Lamb Rogan Josh, Keema Rice, Keema Naan, pompadoms and riata.

£25 delivered, including the tip.

Great Fun.
give up, you're making me hungry!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Sadly there are very very few Indian restaurants or take aways, most are Pakistani or Bangladeshi joints.

Much as we do like bonafide Indian cooking and recipes there is no way that we would ever go to anything claiming to be Indian but not.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top