Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 08:53 PM

Re: Having a Takeaway

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sadly there are very very few Indian restaurants or take aways, most are Pakistani or Bangladeshi joints.

Much as we do like bonafide Indian cooking and recipes there is no way that we would ever go to anything claiming to be Indian but not.
You have a point.
Ethnic foods, whatever they claim to be, cater for local tastes.
I have been to a lot of different places in the world including China. What is described as Chinese here...........
And different here to what is claimed to be Chinese in Georgia is a lot different to what we get in UK.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Swimmy, l have taken it that you have checked their hygiene score out?
I remember, you usually won’t consider them if their score is low.

I look at hygiene ratings too, Art.
I believe they have to display them where they can clearly be seen.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We love indian food, I usually cook my own though but we have been known to order the odd takeaway.

We have a shop in town called Spices and Rices, it's a heat and eat shop. They don't open at night. They make the best indian food I've ever tasted and it has rave reviews, people come from miles around for their food.

They do banquets and they will come cook in your home if you are having a dinner party.

It is a family run establishment and they are the friendliest people, always make you feel so welcome in their shop. They usually have freebies on offer to try too, I have yet to have something I haven't liked from there.

Take a look at their website.

What did you order by the way?

https://www.spicesandrices.co.uk/
I just went on their web Lion ,to see if was near me ,it"s not as I live in Anglia .
What struck me though how inexpensive every thing was , lucky you .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
You have a point.
Ethnic foods, whatever they claim to be, cater for local tastes.
I have been to a lot of different places in the world including China. What is described as Chinese here...........
And different here to what is claimed to be Chinese in Georgia is a lot different to what we get in UK.
It's the same with Indian food. I loved it, a bit like having a takeaway for breakfast, lunch an dinner but without gaining weight. The hottest curry I have had was a Sri Lankan chicken curry. I think they purposely made it extra hot because I ordered it at 11pm in the hotel. I was so hungry, I wasn't too bothered.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I just went on their web Lion ,to see if was near me ,it"s not as I live in Anglia .
What struck me though how inexpensive every thing was , lucky you .
Well if ever you are up my way gimme a shart and I'll book 'em to come cook for us in my kitchen hehe
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sadly there are very very few Indian restaurants or take aways, most are Pakistani or Bangladeshi joints.

Much as we do like bonafide Indian cooking and recipes there is no way that we would ever go to anything claiming to be Indian but not.
reminds me of a restaurant we went to last night. It was an Italian restaurant but the owners and chefs are from Kosova, hardly authentic.

Sorry swimmy for going off topic.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Well if ever you are up my way gimme a shart and I'll book 'em to come cook for us in my kitchen hehe
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 10:48 PM

Sorry never touch a Indian TA, much prefer Donna Kebab or Fish N chips
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Decent fish and chips are hard to find though. The very worst we EVER encountered were in Great Yarmouth market. They stank of God knows what but the locals were knocking them back while we were nearly throwing up.

Don't know what the chips were cooked in but they smelt like the rendering yard at Saltney just outside of Chester where things that had died were rendered into fat some of which I swear was then used in the manufacture of a once half decent toilet soap.

The memsahib cooks good fish though.

Coats good very fresh fish from nearby Southwold with beaten egg then matzo meal (sorta but not breadcrumbs) and deep fries it in peanut oil.

It's a way of cooking fish that I've not seen done in any "normal" fish and chip shops but is often available (at cost!) from chippies in Jewish areas.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Me as well. I love Donna's & fish & chips, but the fish has to be Dover Sole or Plaice, or even Scampi.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top