Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:02 PM

Re: Aldi is going to give away food

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you Baz.

Can't see it happening though - can you?
Well no I can't but if things continue as they are it will just get worse. The situation with mental health budgets getting only 25% of what they need despite mental health being as important as physical health to all of us is appalling. The difference of course is that this problem cannot be easily seen, unlike physical health. Any one of us can have these problems, one in four of us will at some time in our lives experience mental ill-health.

A lot of those living on the streets and having problems with drugs and alcohol also have mental health problems. It needs all of this to be dealt with, not just one aspect of it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well it might be a good start for the government to invest in rehabilitation centres where these people can get help and sort themselves out rather than living on the street forever more. More help for those with mental health problems would be another way to help.

Doing that would immediately mean less police time wasted being 'councillors' etc. This would also mean 'druggies' and alcoholics would not need to clog up the A&E departments in hospitals as they do. The longer-term benefits would also be that these people could find useful roles in society, there would also be less crime as there would not be all these people having to steal to feed their habits.

There are ways and means, if only government would see what is happening in society, rather than just concentrating on living their own privileged lives and lining their own nests, while blaming others for what is happening!
How ?
They can’t sort themselves out nor do rehabilitation centres run themselves .
How would you go about it ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am surprised that supermarkets let the homeless have out of day food. With Health and Safety rules and people suing them, you'd think they wouldn’t allow it?

I only say this, as l once picked up a Thornton’s chocolate cake in a supermarket and noticed it was one day out of date. The manager said, they had to dump it in case someone bought it, was ill and sued them

Unless I am mistaken Art, it said Aldi are giving away all their surplus, unsold food on Christmas Eve.

I suppose they know no one will be out food shopping Christmas Day, so they are getting rid of it for fresh stock.

I don't think it said anything about ' Out of Date' food, did it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am surprised that supermarkets let the homeless have out of day food. With Health and Safety rules and people suing them, you'd think they wouldn’t allow it?

I only say this, as l once picked up a Thornton’s chocolate cake in a supermarket and noticed it was one day out of date. The manager said, they had to dump it in case someone bought it, was ill and sued them
When someone carelessly leaves a fresh item such as a cream cake in amongst the vegetables, it has to be thrown out if it has been there for over half an hour and feels warm to the touch.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Unless I am mistaken Art, it said Aldi are giving away all their surplus, unsold food on Christmas Eve.

I suppose they know no one will be out food shopping Christmas Day, so they are getting rid of it for fresh stock.

I don't think it said anything about ' Out of Date' food, did it?
Yes, Mups, l was well aware of my typo that you highlighted in your post.
As you know, you only have so long to edit mistakes/typo’s. I can assure you, if l had been able to correct the typo, l would have done so.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top