Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 04:50 AM

Good Morning Tuesday.

Hi

Good Morning All.

The morning after the night before.

It was my birthday yesterday and the end of my working life, retired but still able to be called in, that has now ended.

I had a fantastic present from Guy, bless him, he had put so much effort into it.

He has no money and cannot drive, but had walked miles to get it and had managed to restore it without me noticing.

The Pretendies came round, with their presents, which was great, as did their Mum and Dad, but separately.

I missed a text message, so now up as the Carpet Fitter is arriving at 8, not supposed to be arriving for another two days and we need to empty the Conservatory to have the carpet fitted.

Table, six chairs and a huge display cabinet to be emptied out and moved.

Always positive, at least it will be done.

Have a Good Day All, whatever you are doing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 05:57 AM

Re: Good Morning Tuesday.

Good Morning everyone.

Very icy here today. When I set off for my walk I saw a 'road gritter' out - so they are not extinct after all!

Swimmy - you didn't tell us what Guy's gift was?? I am glad you had a good birthday and wish you Many Happy Returns.

One more bite at the College work - then I am free until after Christmas. Yipee! It's like being back at school and having to have homework in on time.

Have a fun day.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good Morning everyone.

Very icy here today. When I set off for my walk I saw a 'road gritter' out - so they are not extinct after all!

Swimmy - you didn't tell us what Guy's gift was?? I am glad you had a good birthday and wish you Many Happy Returns.

One more bite at the College work - then I am free until after Christmas. Yipee! It's like being back at school and having to have homework in on time.

Have a fun day.
Hi

This

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323920127154

Signed and fully framed, but in bronze.

It was a mess.

He walked miles to get it in a Charity Shop, cleaned it up and resprayed the frame in gold.

It cost him £3 plus the spray can and hours of cleaning.

The cost of buying the Ebay print plus framing.would have been £135, so so proud of him.

A hand written note, could not afford a card, but which I will frame as it means so much to me.

Photos in a couple of days.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 07:34 AM

Good morning all

That's a lovely gift Swims.....Happy birthday!!

I'm out to lunch with pals later looking forward to that, not sure where we are going but it will be fun wherever

Have a good day all.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This

Signed and fully framed, but in bronze.

It was a mess.

He walked miles to get it in a Charity Shop, cleaned it up and resprayed the frame in gold.

It cost him £3 plus the spray can and hours of cleaning.

The cost of buying the Ebay print plus framing.would have been £135, so so proud of him.

A hand written note, could not afford a card, but which I will frame as it means so much to me.

Photos in a couple of days.
That is lovely - well done, Guy!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 08:38 AM

Swimmy - that was so thoughtful of Guy. Really something for you to treasure.

A very quick good morning from me.

I'm off on an outing to Castle Howard shortly - really looking forward to it.
I love stately homes.

Have a good day all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-12-2019, 09:06 AM

Hi

Here it is

He got the full framed picture, not just the print for £3 and cleaned it and sprayed the frame.

He walked 7 miles in the rain, he cannot drive, being epileptic.

Wrapped it up so it did not get wet, sprayed it in the side passage when I was asleep.

His hand written message is the best, I will frame it and post photos later.

I am a Happy Womble.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all.

A chilly morning and damp. The forecast is for it to be cloudy with patchy rain, slowly easing with some brighter spells developing. Maximum temperature 7ºC.

Various chores to do while keeping in the warm. I hate winters and the cold – roll on spring 2020!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 09:22 AM

Good morning - Dry out there and we hopefully will not get wet during this morning's shopping trip. Not my usual nimble self this morning. Somehow pulled a muscle in the back of my leg.

Have the best day possible.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 11:09 AM

Good morning everyone thick fog here, I hope it clears soon so I can hang some washing out.

A busy day, mincmeat to finish making , a lentil and coconut curry to make for lunch , leaves to clear up from the lawns.

Enjoy your day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top