Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 06:58 PM

house price estimates By Z**pla

The company is now advertising themselves on TV, however i have been following house prices with them for a good few years.
What I can't understand how on earth they can estimate the value of a house without seeing it?
even a seller will put on a different price to what a buyer would and an agent yet another
Then again depends on local area and supply and demand.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 07:12 PM

Re: house price estimates By Z**pla

Therein is the problem, all the extra bits and pieces I have added Zoopla has no knowledge of, and, I have no intention of updating their records.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Therein is the problem, all the extra bits and pieces I have added Zoopla has no knowledge of, and, I have no intention of updating their records.

they have no mean of knowing the standard to which it has been upgraded
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 07:19 PM

It's the international market, isn't it?

Imagine a hunky dory post brexit world, where we've all survived the virus too.

From where I'm sitting, house prices got buggered in 2016, London is always first hit, but also first to recover.

I always thought we could/would move out of the big city, but we're not getting any younger.

... beginning to wonder if we'll live long enough.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 08:48 PM

It comes down to the basic style and number of bedrooms. Decoration, kitchens, bathrooms and loft conversions might add some value but never as much as it cost to create them. Location is also a major factor.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 08:55 PM

On Zoopla, I could always see the estimated value of my house but when l looked on there lately it stated, ‘Value Unknown’. It stated the same for other properties they had previously put a valuation on.

The only properties that showed a value were the ones that had recently been sold.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
On Zoopla, I could always see the estimated value of my house but when l looked on there lately it stated, ‘Value Unknown’. It stated the same for other properties they had previously put a valuation on.

The only properties that showed a value were the ones that had recently been sold.
I think the dungeon and panic room puts them off art...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I think the dungeon and panic room puts them off art...
Primus, Probably!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The company is now advertising themselves on TV, however i have been following house prices with them for a good few years.
What I can't understand how on earth they can estimate the value of a house without seeing it?
even a seller will put on a different price to what a buyer would and an agent yet another
Then again depends on local area and supply and demand.
I wouldn't have thought it was that difficult. They just look at actual sale prices in an area which are a public record. From that can estimate trends, mean and average prices for anywhere in the UK based on this publicly available information.

I used to get sent updates for house prices in Exeter when I was finding out some information for a friend who lives there.

It really isn't that difficult. The price of a house is mostly location rather than style.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 10:51 PM

Kerb appeal goes a long way, folks get consumed with possible value, they are wrong, you have to make sure your property is the most desirable in an area so, when you decide to up sticks, you can go, without wasting any "Time".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top