Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 09:29 AM

Re: Surfermom vs. Hurricane Sally

Goodness me Surfermom, that must be so frightening for you all. 😮. Thank goodness you are safe and able to let us know.

It looks like a lot of hard work ahead in the clear up.

Take care.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 09:38 AM

absolutely devestating for you, but lets look on the bright side, all those barbecues with plenty of wood for a good old sing song around the fire.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:11 AM

I'm glad you're OK Surfermom .....

What a dreadful experience you've been through and what a task you have ahead of you .....

Best Wishes and Good Luck .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:14 AM

Thanks Surfermom that looks terrible, I wish I lived nearer, to offer you help or even just a spare room while the flood recedes. I thought there must be something wrong when I didn't hear from you for a while. No hurricanes here (uh hum! remember Michael Fish) but we do get some flooding when it rains for forty days and nights....

Keep out of the water and break out the treadmill, and have you got enough food and fresh drinking water?
I can only imagine the problems you are facing at the moment, but together with your neighbours I'm sure you will get through it. Take care and stay safe, and keep in touch when you can.....There is still a run into the sunset to be done together.........All I can do for now is to send you a good old fashioned Yorkshire Hug..... x
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:15 AM

Traumatic events bring out the best in people, for everything that is lost something will be gained.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:28 AM

The floods will subside,
The trees will grow,
The sun will shine,
You have had an adventure !
Not so many can say that ?

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:41 AM

Blimey Surfermom what a scary thing for you all.... thank goodness you have good people around you.... good luck with the clear up. Stay safe x
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:45 AM

Good grief! Sorry to see that Surfermom.
I'd hate that as I don't swim!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 02:00 PM

I also noticed that you had not been around for a while but had no idea it was due to something so terrible. I also wish I was near enough to help you but then I suppose anyone nearby is going through the same thing. I'm glad you are keeping your spirits up. Good luck.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 02:46 PM

reminds me of back in tghe 60s when we had that hurricane in the south of England. Seeing huge tree roots over 6ft tall from fallen trees was frightening enough. Your experience would make me move to a safer place

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top