Join for free
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 02:16 PM

Could There Be Another Lock down?

Watching this lunch times news it seems there could be even more rules to stop the virus spreading.
I can see all activities being banned, the organisers have already cancelled this months flea fair at Malvern, which was this Sunday coming, even though I didn't think the virus was too badly spreading there. The organisers consulted with the Worcester council & the result, no fair, even though they have every precaution in place.
Seems the October fair is suspect too, though they have said so far that one will go ahead, it won't if the virus spreads further.
Some of our car boots/fairs etc, here, in Devon, are ongoing at present, but if the government brings in tougher measures the same is likely to happen here, because even though we are one of the least places for more infections, the government will have to do a blanket ban on activities all over England.

So to everyone on this excellent forum.
How, if this happens will it affect your social lives, leisure activities where you live?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 02:33 PM

Re: Could There Be Another Lock down?

I can see another lockdown coming. We have very few cases here so it might be our turn, especially as a lot of our visitors seem to be from up north!
My daughter thinks we have a slower pace of life here and don't rush about as much as them lot. That's why we don't catch viruses.

It won't affect me a lot as I only go out with the dog or shopping.
I hope the supermarkets sort out their online delivery slots better though.
I imagine I will still get to go to my appointments in Bath, (they've given me appointments in a private hospital but dont tell anyone).
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can see another lockdown coming. We have very few cases here so it might be our turn, especially as a lot of our visitors seem to be from up north!
My daughter thinks we have a slower pace of life here and don't rush about as much as them lot. That's why we don't catch viruses.

It won't affect me a lot as I only go out with the dog or shopping.
I hope the supermarkets sort out their online delivery slots better though.
I imagine I will still get to go to my appointments in Bath, (they've given me appointments in a private hospital but dont tell anyone).
We do get a lot of tourists from the North, though with them more restricted as to where they can go now, it might not happen quickly.
I am still going to Tesco once a week & apart from the car boots in this area, those are the only places I go. Think with no car boots at all I'd really have gone stir crazy.
Good luck & all the best to you for the hospital appointments.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 04:03 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	6not8.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	13724

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top