Join for free
Page 614 of 1676 « First < 114 514 564 604 612 613 614 615 616 624 664 714 1114 1614 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:54 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

gifs upload

make my day punk!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 07:24 AM

The baresque theme is prevalent.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
no need to bring the urbane into these discussions!! well maybe from the man who spits fire?? and wears jackboots!!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->

The baresque theme can be easily explained as the Look at me syndrome but more disturbing for us dedicated scribblers are the prevalent signs of male menopause which will no doubt lead to more king Kong comments in an attempt to impress any menopausal women who show signs of having the same affliction

May the writing gods look down and save our scribbling souls
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
The baresque theme can be easily explained as the Look at me syndrome but more disturbing for us dedicated scribblers are the prevalent signs of male menopause which will no doubt lead to more king Kong comments in an attempt to impress any menopausal women who show signs of having the same affliction

May the writing gods look down and save our scribbling souls
oh dear are you havin hot flushes again dear??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 01:02 PM

It’s only an infatuation with the pair of them Solo, can’t see it lasting long meself.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had a very strange dream and when I woke up I typed it out to make a post of it, but then I mislaid it, I found it today, it has a footnote I added today too.

“I had the weirdest dream last night and it was so vivid, I get some fantastic hard to figure out dreams, but this was completely different, it was direct and straight to the point. I will have to explain so you’ll have an idea why it was so strange.
The wife has a lot of sisters and they all married so that meant I had nine brothers in law, seven of them are now dead, only me and Frank left and the last time I saw him he wasn’t exactly in the pink, more in the pale mauve if ya know what I mean.
Well the most recent chap to go went last November and God forgive me but he won’t be missed, he was the meanest person I ever came across in me life, and I don’t say that lightly, a Dublin man who spent all his working life in the British army and gave his missus a terrible time of it, counting out her daily allowance to the penny and making her buy her own drink in the pub on Saturday nights, the only night he took he out, I could go on all day about his tightness but you get the message, nobody liked him and he was well aware if the fact, actually he was quite proud of his meanest. I’m a friendly chap but I would never associate with a stingy good for nothing like him, OK if he hadn’t got it but he still had his confirmation money as they say.
Well I’d thought I’d seen the last of him when his box slid into the oven so you can imagine my surprise when the bugger appeared to me in a dream! I haven’t a clue how he got there because I never ever think about him, but there he was being pulled out of the Liffey by a burly fireman, I was watching from the Liffey wall as they were putting him into the ambulance “Tried to drown himself” said the fireman to a nearby copper “But he’ll be OK”
Next dream scene I was in the hospital looking at him sitting up in the bed crying, and I kid you not he was saying “Oh why can’t I die and rest in peace? is there nobody to say a prayer for me?” and that was it, dream over. I wish old Nellie Flynn was around today, she was brilliant at explaining the meaning of dreams, rest her soul.
He did die kind of suddenly at his home in London and I’m wondering now what the hell he had on his conscience (besides being a miserable git all his life) that he can’t rest in piece. I do know for a fact that he fathered two children by two different women when stationed in Hong Kong in the 70’s, the wife doesn’t know that and I didn’t tell her because she would have told her sister and it would probably have killed her as she has a heart condition, it was his brother who told me.
I’m not very religious but I do believe in God, I can’t make up me mind whether to light a candle for him or forget the whole thing and let him wander forever. No I’ll say the prayer and light the candle.”

It’s three weeks later now and I said the prayer and lit a candle the following day after typing that. I have slept like a baby since and not a sign of the miserable bugger in any dreams, that was 50 cents for a candle well spent.
How strange is that for a true happening? God is me judge, Eerie eh?
Sorry for the long post but you can see it was needed to complete the picture.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 01:16 PM

That Jem, was indeed a very good post.
Dreams are just our way of dealing with subconscious issues.
I am sure Gummy Bear will explain in more depth, as I have only a little time to post at the moment. Forget Freud, he is far too complicated, and I would need to explain in depth, what it all means. You Jem are a very kind and caring soul, you have forgiven his sins and saved his soul, God bless you for that.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-04-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It’s only an infatuation with the pair of them Solo, can’t see it lasting long meself.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had a very strange dream and when I woke up I typed it out to make a post of it, but then I mislaid it, I found it today, it has a footnote I added today too.

“I had the weirdest dream last night and it was so vivid, I get some fantastic hard to figure out dreams, but this was completely different, it was direct and straight to the point. I will have to explain so you’ll have an idea why it was so strange.
The wife has a lot of sisters and they all married so that meant I had nine brothers in law, seven of them are now dead, only me and Frank left and the last time I saw him he wasn’t exactly in the pink, more in the pale mauve if ya know what I mean.
Well the most recent chap to go went last November and God forgive me but he won’t be missed, he was the meanest person I ever came across in me life, and I don’t say that lightly, a Dublin man who spent all his working life in the British army and gave his missus a terrible time of it, counting out her daily allowance to the penny and making her buy her own drink in the pub on Saturday nights, the only night he took he out, I could go on all day about his tightness but you get the message, nobody liked him and he was well aware if the fact, actually he was quite proud of his meanest. I’m a friendly chap but I would never associate with a stingy good for nothing like him, OK if he hadn’t got it but he still had his confirmation money as they say.
Well I’d thought I’d seen the last of him when his box slid into the oven so you can imagine my surprise when the bugger appeared to me in a dream! I haven’t a clue how he got there because I never ever think about him, but there he was being pulled out of the Liffey by a burly fireman, I was watching from the Liffey wall as they were putting him into the ambulance “Tried to drown himself” said the fireman to a nearby copper “But he’ll be OK”
Next dream scene I was in the hospital looking at him sitting up in the bed crying, and I kid you not he was saying “Oh why can’t I die and rest in peace? is there nobody to say a prayer for me?” and that was it, dream over. I wish old Nellie Flynn was around today, she was brilliant at explaining the meaning of dreams, rest her soul.
He did die kind of suddenly at his home in London and I’m wondering now what the hell he had on his conscience (besides being a miserable git all his life) that he can’t rest in piece. I do know for a fact that he fathered two children by two different women when stationed in Hong Kong in the 70’s, the wife doesn’t know that and I didn’t tell her because she would have told her sister and it would probably have killed her as she has a heart condition, it was his brother who told me.
I’m not very religious but I do believe in God, I can’t make up me mind whether to light a candle for him or forget the whole thing and let him wander forever. No I’ll say the prayer and light the candle.”

It’s three weeks later now and I said the prayer and lit a candle the following day after typing that. I have slept like a baby since and not a sign of the miserable bugger in any dreams, that was 50 cents for a candle well spent.
How strange is that for a true happening? God is me judge, Eerie eh?
Sorry for the long post but you can see it was needed to complete the picture.
sorry but missed the point Jem - you ramble a lot - can you give it to us in one tiny paragraph?? OR you just smoochin up to solo - if so I'll have to have a word with Phyllis - yes thought would bring terror into ya mind!!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 02:07 PM

Do you want odds or evens on that Jem

I bet the cost of that candle had your BIL turning in his ashes .

Odd how these dreams just pop up to puzzle or scare the bejeezus out of you. In my case the very mention of Hong Kong will give me a guaranteed nightmare tonight and it would not take a psychologist to work out why, for as anyone who has lived there the landing in and out used to be an experience you never forgot...and that was just the pilots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PCO...layer_embedded

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-04-2018, 02:15 PM

lived there for three years and loved seeing the big jets flying across the roof tops or even appearing across the buildings - magic!

Page 614 of 1676 « First < 114 514 564 604 612 613 614 615 616 624 664 714 1114 1614 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top