Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 11:33 AM

Re: Dash cams.

My computer we built 5 years ago , maybe this is too old now . The motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V

Why then does it run perfectly if I run it in a compatibility mode for windows 7
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
My computer we built 5 years ago , maybe this is too old now . The motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V

Why then does it run perfectly if I run it in a compatibility mode for windows 7
Have you tried both front and rear ports? Sometimes rear work better than front .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 12:14 PM

Not tried it to be honest now I have reset to work in W7 mode.

tI is a strange one, works ok in dashcam screen and direct from computer after video download.

My thoughts are the actual dashcam unit is/was a slow card reader? so I have also uploaded to the latest version 5.4 so got to try that out as well

Anway I can now watch the videos on the dashcam downloaded software via putting the videos onto the computer first, then pulling them onto the program as suggested.

My wifes dashcam when plugged into the computer the dot moves in the left/right/fast/slow display but with mine it doesn't. or as I said before the update, got to check that out
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 12:52 PM

I tend to remove/replace the card and leave the camera in the car so and read from the card but I've just tried every which way on my laptop without, apparently, any problem.

Currently, I'm on Version 5.4.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Guy tells me they are compulsory in Taiwan and have to be on at all times.

Not surprisingly they are dirt cheap over there.
Very sensible.

Personally, I can't understand why some people in this country don't bother with them. With the high incidence of road traffic incidents in this country, I can't imagine why everyone doesn't have a dashcam for their own protection.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Very sensible.

Personally, I can't understand why some people in this country don't bother with them. With the high incidence of road traffic incidents in this country, I can't imagine why everyone doesn't have a dashcam for their own protection.
It would seem that some Uk insurance companies are giving discounts if you have one installed. This information I was told.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

29-12-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Nextbase 312GW buffering problem

When a computer has windows 10 as the operating system the downloaded Nextbase Replay3 produces buffering on video and sound.

This is because that download only works up to windows 8.

The answer I have found is to alter the compatibility to run on windows 7. By doing this everything runs as it should.
I have to express some surprise that Nextbase Replay3 has not been upgraded to accept windows 10

Reported to nextbase support
I have run a few more tests.

I copied the Nextbase video folder to my desktop and replayed the video files from there.

With Nextbase Replay3 in Windows 10 mode, I get "jerky" replay but only in full-screen. The same seems to happen in Windows 8 mode, in full-screen only but, as you say, Windows 7 mode seems to replay normal and fulllscreen smoothly.

I then retried Datakam Player. I overrode the "connection" problems and the movie replayed smoothly in normal and fullscreen.

I also tested the same movie on VLC and WMP - no "Replay 3" bells and whistles but video and audio played perfectly.
Virgo
New Member!
Yorkshire, UK
Virgo is female 

29-12-2017, 07:48 PM

We bought a Nextbase 402G back in March and so far have used it in our own car and two hire cars abroad (which is why we haven’t hard wired it into our car). The only time it’s been out of any of the cars is to download the content of the SD card which was occasionally in Spain and France (if the scenery was particularly good) and almost every night while we were in the States (because the scenery was fantastic). We don’t use the Nextbase software; just play the .mov files using the laptop or desktop’s default software. This works on Windows 7 or 10. OH reviews the clips from the SD card, making a note of which ones to transfer to the computer hard drive, transfers and saves those he’s chosen then deletes all from the SD card.

The dashcam was bought partly for ‘insurance/peace of mind’ but mainly for the trip to the States as previous attempts at recording movies of the scenery with a hand held camera weren’t brilliant. We have been very impressed with the ‘movies’ it records and now Christmas is over we will be able to settle down and make proper edited ‘movies’ from the ‘footage’ from the States. My husband has a bad memory (?Old age/early onset dementia?) but photos and movies of our holidays are a great trigger for his memory and provide enormous enjoyment in the making and subsequent watching.

I wouldn’t want to get into an argument with other posters but my understanding is that sat nav and dash cam theft isn’t high unless one parks in known dodgy places in which case the vehicle itself might be the primary target. Also, if you remove the dash cam when you leave the vehicle it won’t record the idiot who reverses into your car when it’s parked which is one of the really brilliant uses of the technology in the first place.

We use the sucker fittings for both sat nav and dash cam and they rarely fail unless there is a lot of temperature change (eg Freezing to 80F in Montana in one day in June !). They are removed and replaced every so often when the windscreen is cleaned anyway so the ‘suck’ gets refreshed.

Hope we never have to use ours in anger but we love it for the movies.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-12-2017, 07:36 PM

Ok found the solution for a Nextbase 312GW causing video to jump.

The Micro SD card needs upgradeing to take the latest dashcam version.

This is done by formatting the card- downloading the lastest version -transferring onto micro SD card.

This is where I went wrong

I power the nextbase 312GW via the computer and inserted the micro SD card into the unit.

Wrong as doing it this way sends the information into the what is called "Mass storage" and not the unit proper

So what you have to do is this

This is done by formatting the card- downloading the lastest version -transferring onto micro SD card.As before

Now instead of using the computer to power it up you either need to use a power source from the car--or-- using a mains plug with a USB 2 outlet.

Doing it this way bypasses the "Mass storage" feature and puts the information fron the micro SD card into the correct section of the dashcam memory.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-01-2018, 03:14 AM

More testing today revealed that, although Replay 3 seems to work OK in Windows 7 mode, "MOV" files are best played in VLC.

Maybe there's a problem with the codec for Replay 3?

I'll be contacting Nextbase support.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top