Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:55 PM

Re: Sajid Javid - Saviour or Self-Serving?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No I am not a mother, but if I was I would certainly not put my children on unsafe boats where they are likely to drown! If my children were starving in my own country I would seek help in the first safe country I could reach, not walk across Europe to get them to the UK. If they are seeking asylum why did they not seek it in all the other countries they have traveled through, including France]
Let me ask, if Brexit fails and British children are starving, how many ME countries would offer us food and a place to live?
Why not ask yourself why there are lots of young men in those boats who have left their wives and children in these awful countries?
Britain gives enough in foreign aid to needy people, and it is time we stopped and looked after our own!
Good post Twink I too wouldn't put children in leaky boats we would have to walk to nearest safe place or fight for our own safety in our own country.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:56 PM

No I am not a mother, but if I was I would certainly not put my children on unsafe boats where they are likely to drown! If my children were starving in my own country I would seek help in the first safe country I could reach, not walk across Europe to get them to the UK. If they are seeking asylum why did they not seek it in all the other countries they have traveled through, including France]
Let me ask, if Brexit fails and British children are starving, how many ME countries would offer us food and a place to live?
Why not ask yourself why there are lots of young men in those boats who have left their wives and children in these awful countries?
Britain gives enough in foreign aid to needy people, and it is time we stopped and looked after our own!
Answers on a microdot please.....
None, because they are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do agree about past history but we didn't see all this until blair and USA went in and stirred it all up really and sadly that was on our watch. Someone mentioned saddam earlier as being despised, well he was by many but also many appreciated him being a strong leader who protected them. Same with Assad, monster obviously but he was strong enough to run a country where all religions were safe as long as they didn't threaten him he was a leader they admired.

We have stirred a lot of trouble that was laying dormant, should never have gone in at all.
Julie the Middle East have little ability to be civilized and have no respect for each other lives, but that isn't just Iraq & Iran.
One thing we didn't do though, is tell them that they could all come to Britain... and that is what they are trying to do!

We should leave them alone, but please don't think that will save lives, because their countries show no compassion for their own people... so why should Britain accept responsibility for them when the EU are not giving asylum to them. It is because they all want to come to Britain for an easy life and Britain is eventually learning that we have no room, so we don't want them!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:35 PM

Julie the Middle East have little ability to be civilized and have no respect for each other lives, but that isn't just Iraq & Iran.
One thing we didn't do though, is tell them that they could all come to Britain... and that is what they are trying to do!

We should leave them alone, but please don't think that will save lives, because their countries show no compassion for their own people... so why should Britain accept responsibility for them when the EU are not giving asylum to them. It is because they all want to come to Britain for an easy life and Britain is eventually learning that we have no room, so we don't want them!
I agree but as I said we have rather painted a target on our backs going in and meddling. I am not saying it's right they come just putting forward why they do it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, I see that but if a country is against gays or curlies or whatever, that is that country's problem, not Britain's. We have enough problems of our own without worrying about the rest of the world. We send millions in aid to these countries whilst our own people die waiting for hospital treatment.
How very true, and it seems that they're not particularly grateful for it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Such places can sort themselves out as far as I'm concerned. We're not a charity for the world.
Hear hear.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-01-2019, 09:56 PM

I think that all of we reasonable people know exactly why the women and children are being left behind.

This is why I refuse to discuss matters with our resident trolls. (My 'red' list!)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-01-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Good post Twink I too wouldn't put children in leaky boats we would have to walk to nearest safe place or fight for our own safety in our own country.
And indeed we do take genuine refugees - once vetted - from such unsafe places.

That suggests to me that the ones sailing gently across the Channel, until one of our taxis picks them up, are not genuine refugees at all!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Don't know whether you are a mother twink. But if you see your children starving, you are prepared to make a long journey to bring them to a country where they are safe and cared for. If you cannot accompany them (only enough money to pay for the fare of your kids) you send them, hoping for the best.
Arriving in britain they are economic immigrants. But can you blame a mum for trying to provide her children with a future?
The answer to that Solasch is not to have them in the first place. We have adverts here begging for money to feed the children of Syria. The civil war has taken its toll but it has been going on for almost nine years now and the children they show are a lot less than nine years old. Who in their right mind would have a baby if they could not afford to feed it? Of course this doesn't just apply to Syria.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The answer to that Solasch is not to have them in the first place. We have adverts here begging for money to feed the children of Syria.
The civil war has taken its toll but it has been going on for almost nine years now and the children they show are a lot less than nine years old.
Who in their right mind would have a baby if they could not afford to feed it?
Of course this doesn't just apply to Syria.
I can't see the point in speculating about why you have a baby while living in a war zone.

Presumably it's not a decision of choice... you'd be a mad woman if you chose to get pregnant living in a war torn country wouldn't you??

So...no contraception?
Rape?
No strength to push him off and tell him to Foxtrot Oscar?

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top