Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 06:48 AM

They have gone on Holiday.

Hi

UK Parliament are now on holiday, new Cabinet have to learn their jobs.

EU Countries start their summer breaks soon, as does the EU Commission in Brussels.

A quiet period, a phoney war, all talk and nothing happening for 6 weeks.

Time to take a break from Brexit.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 07:06 AM

Re: They have gone on Holiday.

Yep, same old stuff, folks sayin this and that is important, daint stop um heading for the Golf Course at the first opportunity.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 07:13 AM

It's outrageous
They should not be taking a holiday at all.
The country is in crisis .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 07:45 AM

500 CVs = 1 default.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 07:46 AM

We should all make the most of their holiday! If the politicians are away & saying nothing, it may shut the journalists up for a while & give us a rest from all the boring details of Brexit.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

UK Parliament are now on holiday, new Cabinet have to learn their jobs.

EU Countries start their summer breaks soon, as does the EU Commission in Brussels.

A quiet period, a phoney war, all talk and nothing happening for 6 weeks.

Time to take a break from Brexit.
I agree. Ban the B word.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 09:07 AM

What an appalling example to the nation!

The country is in crisis, Brexit needs sorting out, every minute of work on this counts in the final result. It's not a traditional war but possibly almost as destructive in some of the effects on the population, so what does our government do? Takes their usual holiday and for six weeks too, far more than most of us ever get and at a bigger salary than most of us.

All time off and holidays should have been cancelled from three years' ago, they should have got on with what they are paid to do. I despair at what we have to endure with what we have for a government!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 09:07 AM

Parliament is not sitting, it will resume on September 3rd.
I understand politicians continue to work for much of that time in their London or constituency offices.

Mr Johnson and his entourage is I believe heading North shortly to give a speech in a Labour held Leave voting constituency, Corbyn may not enjoy that very much. Then to Scotland to raise more support there.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mr Johnson and his entourage is I believe heading North shortly to give a speech in a Labour held Leave voting constituency, Corbyn may not enjoy that very much. Then to Scotland to raise more support there.
He'd better go to sleep and dream again, he doesn't have a cat in Hell's chance of raising support up here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
He'd better go to sleep and dream again, he doesn't have a cat in Hell's chance of raising support up here.
I thought there was already some support from the 13 Scottish Tory MPs lead by Ruth Davison..
http://www.scottishconservatives.com...on-candidates/
...and many Tory voters some of whom will have been among the 55.3% of voters who voted no in the Scottish referendum also from the million plus who voted to leave the EU, I don't think they will all have withdrawn their support overnight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top