Join for free
Page 55 of 79 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 03:02 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Whilst I knew our privacy is invaded by facebook I didn't realise to what extent. I've been thinking of coming off facebook for a long time now as I don't enjoy it and since I found this forum I don't use it much anyway. I think I'm gonna delete my account completely after reading this. It's far too invasive for my liking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...knows-YOU.html
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Whilst I knew our privacy is invaded by facebook I didn't realise to what extent. I've been thinking of coming off facebook for a long time now as I don't enjoy it and since I found this forum I don't use it much anyway. I think I'm gonna delete my account completely after reading this. It's far too invasive for my liking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...knows-YOU.html
I've never liked Facebook since, years ago, my PC was infected with a virus while using FB.

Recently, however, I was "forced" to used it to fulfil social obligations. I didn't experience any problems but when the Cambidge Analytica scandal broke, I decided to end my connection to FB forever. I'm so glad I did because the new revelations are astounding!

IIRC, I used an article like this to delete my FB account:

How to delete your Facebook account permanently

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/h...ccount-2950145
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 03:23 PM

I had a Facebook account but hardly used it, so got rid of it.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 03:47 PM

Well I use Facebook and like it.

Following my cancer two years ago I found excellent support groups on Facebook with untold useful information and support. I belong to several closed groups, local area groups, places I used to live. I can keep up with friends whom I have had for almost fifty years. I put my late mother (then 90) in touch with someone she had known since childhood.

One only hears about the detrimental side of Facebook, for me, the benefits far outweigh those.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 04:05 PM

My computer was infected with the dreaded 'keylogger virus' courtesy of FB - took the techy lads ages to clean it out - wouldn't touch FB with a barge pole now!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 04:09 PM

In over twenty years of using computers, I have never had a virus. Macs tend not to get a virus, plus I am extremely careful not to click on unknown items. There are far too many “click baits” and links on the internet set to catch the unwary.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 08:50 PM

I like FB.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I like FB.
I like the groups I'm in and I like to play games so if I came off I would really miss them. I just dont like the invasion of privacy, I don't know why, it just gets me mad that we can't do anything anymore without being watched and spied upon, it doesn't seem right to me.

I wasn't trying to put people off facebook, I was just shocked when I saw the article and thought others may be interested.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:48 PM

No surprises from me. I've been telling people on the forum for ages that FB tracks you all over the internet using those little widgets.

If you've properly decided to give them the boot then block FB in your browser list of "Blocked Sites" (under the Security tab for Internet Explorer) and also block it in your firewall.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-06-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No surprises from me. I've been telling people on the forum for ages that FB tracks you all over the internet using those little widgets.

If you've properly decided to give them the boot then block FB in your browser list of "Blocked Sites" (under the Security tab for Internet Explorer) and also block it in your firewall.
I'm still debating with myself Realist, I play a lot of games on the FB platform and I would really miss them. I wonder if there are other games platforms, I've never really looked.

I mean on my desktop computer not my mobile phone

Page 55 of 79 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top