Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That won't do, we don't want any Horny Goat Weed do we!!!!!
I will take some photos for you.
I drive past most days.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:03 PM

When I take a photo on my Smart Phone, I get scared a physical picture is going to appear at the bottom of the device, am I just being Polaroid?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When I take a photo on my Smart Phone, I get scared a physical picture is going to appear at the bottom of the device, am I just being Polaroid?
Ha ha ha smarty pants.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

24-03-2019, 05:29 PM

“And how do you know that you're mad? "To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?" I suppose so, said Alice. "Well then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags it's tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

I often wave my finger, when mad at something bad, or hold my thumb up, to signal I am glad.
A wave can mean hello, but also say goodbye.
I often laugh so much, it even makes me cry.
I clench my fist when frightened, but also in defence.
Some things we do with hands, don't really make much sense.
We stamp our feet in anger, but also in great joy.
We shuffle very slowly if we are feeling coy.
These signals that we use today, surely need no words.
Or am I talking nonsense, or simply quite absurd?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Methinks that Nicko fella is a real born natural scribbler, laid back and relaxed, good for you Nicko, it’s the best way to handle life, stress is the big enemy nowadays.

I reckon one can have a conversation about anything, especially in a pub, a few old mates and myself once spent a pleasant two hours on a Saturday afternoon talking about bucket handles, while the young ones were arguing about football, we were deep in conversation, and in traditional fashion an argument broke out, the clash was between the benefits of the old sturdy metal handles on metal buckets and the more modern wire metal handles on plastic buckets, it's all about balance, highly technical stuff when you look into it.
Another topic was flies on mens trousers, which was the best, the old button type openings or the zipper, someone said the zippers are inclined to get rusty, and another added that was only with the pint drinkers zips, spirit drinkers didn’t have to go to the jacks as often and were not subjected to as much moisture. That topic got good milage too, what with branching off in other directions like why do they put buttons on the end of coat sleeves etc., plus the customary argument before we were threatened with bardom if we didn’t keep our voices down, but that’s what some silly old buggers like me do to pass the time of day.

I have lined up a real treat for the old lads for next Saturday, wait for it…
It’s that amazing Godsend to mankind, inspired by that beautiful creature Le Papillion…

THE WINGED BUTTERFLY NUT!!!

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:17 PM

Trouble with a wing nut is it's tactile, there is no torque setting, it's all about feel, not touchy feely gummy, if you are out there.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-03-2019, 12:09 AM

I like those wing nuts.
One twang and round they go.
A bit like me.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I knew a sing would evolve.
Talking of crocuses, we have a lot of bare ladies in the woods.
Got Naked Ladies here!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-03-2019, 10:10 AM

That's the ones Ciderz.
Wow you have lots of bare ladies all in a row.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-03-2019, 04:46 PM

Who is this girl?
No cheating you lot.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top