Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 05:30 PM

Re: Local elections 2nd May - What's the plan?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You can prolly guess the one that really annoys me!
Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Of course. I should of realised
There bad, but thats not the thing that get's me as much as word's like these.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 05:50 PM

It seems the political Gonks are already starting to panic about the local elections. There have already been adverts encouraging people to register and to vote.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It seems the political Gonks are already starting to panic about the local elections. There have already been adverts encouraging people to register and to vote.
They have good reason to panic!

I shall certainly do my part.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 07:19 PM

I have heard that even though these are local elections, and not a General Election, canvassers from all parties, but especially Conservative, have been facing hostility when they go knocking on doors.
So much so that some of them have stopped doing it

This is compounded by the fact that many Conservative activists have refused to go out in the first place, in disgust at TM's performance

Is anyone surprised? They'll certainly get short shrift if they call at my house
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:22 AM

No surprise at all.

Could this be the reason for another Bexit delay post 12 th April to see how the land lies in the locals elections ?

They are all as bad as each other.

My local Labour councillor promised in a public meeting that he would do all he could to prevent the building of 12,000 new homes on green belt land.
Hey presto ! Twice in September and once in January the little creep voted in favour of building 12,000 homes on green belt land !
The fact that about 8,000 of the needed home can be built on brown field sites has not been considered by the Labour Council, but as we know, these Developers want prime land in prime locations near pretty little villages, then they can charge max prices and forget those who actually need the affordable homes. Shame on the councils and Government.
None of them are worth the time and effort.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:28 AM

I had a leaflet from an Independant pushed through the door. I'll vote for him as he has bothered to give me some info about himself. I think the little guys need a chance, they can't do any worse.

I still think spoiling your paper will mean the two main parties will get the votes.
( I heard that on tv too, so it must be true! )
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I had a leaflet from an Independant pushed through the door. I'll vote for him as he has bothered to give me some info about himself. I think the little guys need a chance, they can't do any worse.

I still think spoiling your paper will mean the two main parties will get the votes.
( I heard that on tv too, so it must be true! )
That would be my worry too TessA, If anyone on my next ballot paper does not represent Labour or Conservative they will get my vote, hopefully it will be an independent candidate and someone I know....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They have good reason to panic!

I shall certainly do my part.
Me too. Looking forward to it in fact.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
No surprise at all.

Could this be the reason for another Bexit delay post 12 th April to see how the land lies in the locals elections ?

They are all as bad as each other.

My local Labour councillor promised in a public meeting that he would do all he could to prevent the building of 12,000 new homes on green belt land.
Hey presto ! Twice in September and once in January the little creep voted in favour of building 12,000 homes on green belt land !
The fact that about 8,000 of the needed home can be built on brown field sites has not been considered by the Labour Council, but as we know, these Developers want prime land in prime locations near pretty little villages, then they can charge max prices and forget those who actually need the affordable homes. Shame on the councils and Government.
None of them are worth the time and effort.
The same happened here PD. That's how they play us. I reckon they lurk on faeces book noting local gripes and complaints, then they produce a leaflet listing all the subjects and what they intend to do about it. Of course, in reality they do nothing because they don't want to rock the boat.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The same happened here PD. That's how they play us. I reckon they lurk on faeces book noting local gripes and complaints, then they produce a leaflet listing all the subjects and what they intend to do about it. Of course, in reality they do nothing because they don't want to rock the boat.
I hadn't thought about it like that, but when it's explained in those terms, it's obvious

Have you noticed that there has just been an election in Israel?

Bibi is Prime Minister for the 5th term in a row. That's what happens when you have a leader who supports his country and its people, something that never seems to occur to British politicians

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top