Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 01:07 PM

Trump - ‘Hambergers’ and ‘Noble prizes’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9485006.html

In a furious, misspelled Twitter rant on Sunday, the president lashed out at The New York Times over what he called a “phony story” about his daily routine. The Times story claimed the president often doesn’t arrive in the Oval Office until noon, after spending mornings watching Fox News, CNN and MSNBC.

He said: ““I will often be in the Oval Office late into the night & see that I am angrily eating a hamberger (sic) & Diet Coke in my bedroom. People with me are always stunned. Anything to demean!”
The president said that reporters who covered the Russian interference scandal — and the subsequent investigation that led to the indictments and imprisonments of several of the president’s allies — were “proven totally wrong” and should return their “Nobles” (sic) to “the REAL REPORTERS & JOURNALISTS who got it right.”

He appears to have mixed up Pulitzer prizes with the Nobel prize, which he spelled incorrectly four times.
There's more context in the article but basic spelling mistakes and sheer ignorance should not be emanating from the Oval Office .....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 06:52 PM

Re: Trump - ‘Hambergers’ and ‘Noble prizes’

No doubt the idiot will be claiming he was being "sarcastic", which is his favourite excuse lately. I really do think he's developing Dementia or Altzheimer's.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 07:35 PM

Does he really compose and send his own Tweets?

I guess the typos is keeping it real.

Surely the big potus has an army of PR consultants, but sadly he's not plugged in when ad libbing at press conferences.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 07:42 PM

It wouldn't be quite so bad if these were tweets made after having had a few too many sips of sherry at the end of a long day's work. But, as he's a teetotaler, this removes this as an excuse.

The question is... who does he think will report these tweets if not the very news agencies who are out to get him???

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top