Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Re: Transgender loses case

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The way I was raised was to be tolerant of others as long as what they did didn't harm me or anyone else live and let live. It meant I married a man who was bullied as a child and is scared to tell people why. A man who developed breasts in his teens and had other problems I'd rather not talk about. It was put to him when I managed to drag him to a GP he could chose he had to make a choice which sex to try to be.

I encouraged him to do what was best for him not for me I was willing to stay with him which ever way he decided to go.

He has had testosterone therapy ever since and is a man. He has numerous health issues because of this.

I think people need to be more educated about why some people are trans and also reign in the bigotry if you don't understand that doesn't mean you have a right to be nasty to other people.

I thought he wouldn't want me to post this but when I showed him this thread he said I must stand up for men like him, and for men and women who need to be made right because they are born in the wrong body.
A brave post which earns my respect for being tolerant in the face of bigotry .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:56 AM

The way I was raised was to be tolerant of others as long as what they did didn't harm me or anyone else live and let live. It meant I married a man who was bullied as a child and is scared to tell people why. A man who developed breasts in his teens and had other problems I'd rather not talk about. It was put to him when I managed to drag him to a GP he could chose he had to make a choice which sex to try to be.

I encouraged him to do what was best for him not for me I was willing to stay with him which ever way he decided to go.

He has had testosterone therapy ever since and is a man. He has numerous health issues because of this.

I think people need to be more educated about why some people are trans and also reign in the bigotry if you don't understand that doesn't mean you have a right to be nasty to other people.

I thought he wouldn't want me to post this but when I showed him this thread he said I must stand up for men like him, and for men and women who need to be made right because they are born in the wrong body.
This is about people who chose to be abnormal, not those who have abnormalities imposed on them by reason of disability.

As for live and let live - I don't "do" tolerance.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
This is about people who chose to be abnormal, not those who have abnormalities imposed on them by reason of disability.

Yes.....This...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not saying take all the gays and transexuals out and shoot them....

But don't make it normal in the eyes of the young because it never will be....The way in which we accept these minority issues only goes to perpetuate them until soon they will not be 'Minority Issues'....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:17 PM

First of all, I would need some convincing proof that half of these cases are genuine even.

I can sympathise more with genuine hermaphrodites, who have the sexual organs of both sexes - I have seen this in animals - but I don't believe this is always the case by a long chalk with a lot of these people.

Also, what right have they to inflict their own physical and emotional desires onto babies?

All this ' letting the children decide' is utter tosh as far as I'm concerned.
I say bring them up according to the sexual organs they were born with and let them get on with life. Time will tell if they are content or not, without the influence of 'parents' who can't even sort themselves out!
Stop messing with kids heads!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
first of all, i would need some convincing proof that half of these cases are even genuine.

I can sympathise more with genuine hermaphrodites, who have the sexual organs of both sexes, but i don't believe this is always the case by a long chalk with a lot of these people.

Also, why inflict their own physical and emotional desires onto babies?

All this ' letting the children decide' is utter tosh as far as i'm concerned.
I say bring them up according to the sexual organs they were born with and let them get on with life. Time will tell if they are content or not, without the influence of 'parents' who can't even sort themselves out!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

My husband had outward signs his body was not right how can we know the people who say they are born in the wrong body aren't just as damaged as he was physically or inside themselves. There has to be some reason they feel they are in the wrong body.

As for not doing tolerance beware saying things like that you may need tolerance yourself one day.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 01:27 PM

My husband had outward signs his body was not right how can we know the people who say they are born in the wrong body aren't just as damaged as he was physically or inside themselves. There has to be some reason they feel they are in the wrong body.

As for not doing tolerance beware saying things like that you may need tolerance yourself one day.
Being in the wrong body? Sure! Three causes, a) physical which obviously is unfortunate though unlikely to be genetic unless something of a similar nature of haemophilia or b) a mental quirk or c) perversion aka kinky because they like it. In the case of c) refer also to b).

As for having tolerance - why should anyone tolerate things that should not be taking place in proper decent society?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
First of all, I would need some convincing proof that half of these cases are genuine even.

I can sympathise more with genuine hermaphrodites, who have the sexual organs of both sexes - I have seen this in animals - but I don't believe this is always the case by a long chalk with a lot of these people.

Also, what right have they to inflict their own physical and emotional desires onto babies?

All this ' letting the children decide' is utter tosh as far as I'm concerned.
Stop messing with kids heads!
Exactly, I couldn't care less what people get up to in their private lives but please don't involve the innocent or try to convince the rest of us that it is the 'norm', it is not. To me, it borders on child abuse, messing with a child's mind so much that they might grow up as screwed up as they are. Why would any sane adult want to do that?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 03:03 PM

Once a person is transformed they are a woman or a man depending which way they go they are no danger to anyone or to children. I do hope next generation is less bothered by what others do when it isn't affecting anyone else.

Thankfully more people are tolerant of others these days. I know change can be scary but standing in it's way isn't going to stop it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 03:10 PM

Once a person is transformed they are a woman or a man depending which way they go they are no danger to anyone or to children. I do hope next generation is less bothered by what others do when it isn't affecting anyone else.

Thankfully more people are tolerant of others these days. I know change can be scary but standing in it's way isn't going to stop it.
I do think that future generations will be a lot more tolerant. It will be normal to have two dads or perhaps a couple of unknowns as parents. I think us older lot base it on how we would have fared at school, which is badly.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top