Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Jubilee2
Green Countryside
Jubilee2 is female 

14-04-2013, 10:40 AM

Re: Not a single Gray hair.

Never coloured my hair and never will ...still very dark with a few greys showing now ..I like natural silver highlights and will be a happy silver bunny
Wish I had a £ for every time someone asked me what colour do you Dye your hair it looks so natural lol ....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 11:01 AM

Until 2008 I didn't have a single grey hair then it went salt and pepper rapidly, I decided last year to have it coloured light brown, my natural colour was dark brown but too old for that now, I have recently changed again and am now dark blonde with light blonde highlights. I like it and that's what counts.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jubilee2 ->
Never coloured my hair and never will ...still very dark with a few greys showing now ..I like natural silver highlights and will be a happy silver bunny
Wish I had a £ for every time someone asked me what colour do you Dye your hair it looks so natural lol ....

Jube darlin' - am totally silver/white - see my profile piccy.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 11:18 AM

Sounds good Hazel.

Mine is naturally dark brown but it's now a warm mid/dark brown with some of the white hairs looking golden.
Sounds a bit odd but because my hair is very fine, you don't actually notice the golden hairs unless you peer at it.
The effect is nice ~ gives it a lift.
When I eventually go very very grey, I shall probably become a blonde. I had bleached hair for several years when I was younger and it was fun, except for keeping up with the roots.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 01:47 AM

I finally stopped dyeing mine in 2008. I always wanted to go as white as my mother did in her thirties. She looks quite striking with her blue eyes. Looks like I'll always just be plain old salt-and-pepper though.

My OH's hair was almost black with silver at the temples and he had a lovely beard with silver streaks in it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2013, 08:28 AM

Some ladies look very elegant with grey hair and some men distinguished. Others just look old, I am one of those I will continue to dye until I die
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 09:51 PM

I c an remember the days when i would look in the mirror to see if i had any grey hairs, and if so would pull them out, now im more interested in whether there is any hair at all , never mind what colour.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 05:33 AM

If grey hair, or lack there of, is all one has to worry about then life is pretty sweet.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by mari41 ->
I always had dark auburn hair but as I got older it gradualy got lighter until in the end ... just a very light sandy tinge.
Me too - I liked being a redhead though and would never have dyed it but now, it is, as yours is, a light sandy colour which I quite like as well. However, as grey hair has started to appear, instead of hearing this:

When we went to visit our family interstate last year my then 8yr old grand daughter said. "Nanny you have had your hair dyed. It looks really lovely" That was enough to convince me ..no more dyes.
... I heard 'why don't you dye your hair Nanny' little rotters (well, not so little as they're 18 and 16).

I do miss the colour my hair used to be but am quite happy with it as it is
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by fitou143 ->
It's not called grey any more its "arctic blonde" that sounds much more trendy.
I like it

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top