Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Good morning fellow members I have done the shopping and am just about to start cooking meals for a weekend away .
I am going to a wedding with the family and staying in a holiday cottage.

Feeling like death this morning having been kept awake most of the night by something scratching in the loft right above my head

This happened once before not long ago. I was too scared to lift the hatch and peep inside in case something attacked me I had a look this morning and all was quiet.

Enjoy your day everyone...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning fellow members I have done the shopping and am just about to start cooking meals for a weekend away .

Feeling like death this morning having been kept awake most of the night by something scratching in the loft right above my head

This happened once before not long ago. I was too scared to lift the hatch and peep inside in case something attacked me I had a look this morning and all was quiet.

Meg darlin' - you've probably got a bird nesting in your roof space (they get in under the eaves) and what you're hearing is the bird (or birds) nesting. If you don't remove them, eventually, you'll hear the chirping of the little 'uns too.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 12:12 PM

Good morning all, showers and no sun here today. I'm about to set up a new TV I bought yesterday, that should be great fun., after that I have nothing to do except laze around, if we had a bit of decent weather we could get away somewhere for a break, I'm bored stiff.
Enjoy the wedding and the cottage Meg.
Take care Folks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Meg darlin' - you've probably got a bird nesting in your roof space (they get in under the eaves) and what you're hearing is the bird (or birds) nesting. If you don't remove them, eventually, you'll hear the chirping of the little 'uns too.
UJ I am more than happy to share my loft with birds but I doubted it was a bird because there are 12 inches of fibre glass insulation up there, not ideal nesting material and the scratching was so loud . I was worried about rats..
Originally Posted by Jem ->
Enjoy the wedding and the cottage Meg.
Take care Folks.
Thank you Jem the couple have been together for years and already have two beautiful children .
The cottage belongs to my sisters's husband, it was recently bequeathed to them .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 06:28 PM

UJ I am more than happy to share my loft with birds but I doubted it was a bird because there are 12 inches of fibre glass insulation up there, not ideal nesting material and the scratching was so loud . I was worried about rats..

On the contrary Meg darlin' - loft insulation makes an ideal nesting material, its soft, its warm and the insulation keeps the eggs warm too. Unless rats can climb the walls into your roof space, I very much doubt that you have an infestation of rats. I still think you are more likely to have a bird nesting in there and the 'scratching you can hear are the birds walking across ceiling in between the roof joists.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 06:35 PM

Not sunny Spain today, it's rained the whole day and forecast tomorrow too. Typical as I'm going on a coach trip tomorrow. Never mind we don't get rain very often and it's bound to do a little bit of good in the garden.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

25-04-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

On the contrary Meg darlin' - loft insulation makes an ideal nesting material, its soft, its warm and the insulation keeps the eggs warm too. Unless rats can climb the walls into your roof space, I very much doubt that you have an infestation of rats. I still think you are more likely to have a bird nesting in there and the 'scratching you can hear are the birds walking across ceiling in between the roof joists.
That will be ok then UJ there are a few mouse droppings up there and an old wasps nest none of which I mind. The little harvest mice are welcome any time , it must be hard for them in the cold weather and I turn a blind eye when they make temporary use of the garage. One year I put a flower arrangement out there for a few days , it contained dried wheat and they stripped it bare.
I draw the line at rats though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

As you live in a rural area Meg, I wonder if it could be a bat/s in your roof

Have a lovely weekend
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

25-04-2013, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
As you live in a rural area Meg, I wonder if it could be a bat/s in your roof

Have a lovely weekend
Mags there are bats I see them on summer evenings but the noise was so loud it sounded like something large. Chloe didn't like it either....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top