Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 11:26 PM

Re: Nicknames.

Behave you lot !

I was called Collywobbles at school because of my surname which i won't disclose here. Nothing else wobbled so it wouldn't have been anything physically orientated.

My first name is Val but since i was sick and on deaths door in hospital with scarlet fever at the age of 5 my aunts and uncles used to sing "How green is my Valley" when i came home. The name Valley stuck and nobody (family or friends) calls me Val any more,it's been Valley more or less all my life. If anyone shouts Val i don't answer 'cos i'm that used to Valley.

Anyway night all,i'm shattered now. ZZZZzzzzz
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 01:27 AM

At school I was called Pan-am ... because it rymed with my name and I had a big nose like a plane, then it was concorde again because of the nose .... later when I had a car accident and lost my nose ....left with a large hole in the midldle of my face I was called polo .....by my plastic surgeon.... but hubby calles me PJ ..... PS ... I do have a nose again now ... just a metal and plastic one ... but not so big !!!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 08:40 AM

Aww iv'e got a "Heart of Glass"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 09:08 AM

Never really had a nickname, at school where we were all addressed by our surname I was always called BC by my friends and classmates purely because that is my first two initials.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 09:15 AM

I was called Duracell by work mates for a long time, I always wore black and my hair was copper coloured. That was the reason I started dying my hair dark brown lol.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 10:19 AM

Roxy - I thought it was because you worked so hard - and your batteries never wore out
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Aww iv'e got a "Heart of Glass"

Thanks Eel.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 11:09 AM

my older brother always called me 'the maggot' until he started showing an interest in girls , he had to stop then or I'd tell the girls how horrid he really was
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 11:10 AM

I've had two nicknames - first one was Freck (short for freckles as my face is covered in them) and I hated that nickname and got people to call me Kaz instead. Then at college I was nicknamed Limpet - by the tutors! All cos I wouldn't stop at something until I'd achieved it (even though they sometimes would beg me to give up on something).
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 11:30 AM

Mmmmmmm! the word stubborn comes to mind?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top