Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 12:17 AM

Re: Turbulent Thursday...

My Thursday started as a complete disaster and change of plans. I was supposed to be having the family over for a big turkey roast. My husband got up at 5:00am to turn the oven on, put the turkey in 15mins later and came back to bed. Got up this morning to discover the oven was off and a fuse had blown OH flipped the fuse switch but the oven was dead. It couldn't have happened at a worse time I phoned my daughter, she told me not to worry and within 15mins my SIL was at the door, picked up the roasting tin with the half cooked turkey in, took all the prepared veg with him, took it home and they cooked everything there..... so instead of us entertaining everyone, it ended up the other way round! I turned out to be a very nice day.

Tomorrow we're going out shopping for a new cooker, hopefully we'll see one we like in the sales.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 12:25 AM

Oh Mags! That could have been a disaster, thank goodness it turned out OK! Of all days for the cooker to die ......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh Mags! That could have been a disaster, thank goodness it turned out OK! Of all days for the cooker to die ......
I know Eileen, it was almost as if our day was jinxed As it happened it turned into a lovely, enjoyable day for all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 12:48 AM

Mags what a time for the oven to give up . It sounds as though it might have turned out for the best anyway with someone else getting the washing up

I went to look for a cooker last year to replace my 16 year old
AEG which has two faulty hotplates on the ceramic hob and came back with nothing . The build quality of current cookers is so poor in comparison to the older ones .
I hope you find a suitable replacement, the Boots website has an appliance department with good customer reviews which might give you an idea what to get.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 12:56 AM

So glad your day ended well Mags. Hope you find a cooker, At least the sales are on.
Weather here has been very windy and raining off and on all day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

30-12-2011, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mags what a time for the oven to give up . It sounds as though it might have turned out for the best anyway with someone else getting the washing up

I went to look for a cooker last year to replace my 16 year old
AEG which has two faulty hotplates on the ceramic hob and came back with nothing . The build quality of current cookers is so poor in comparison to the older ones .
I hope you find a suitable replacement, the Boots website has an appliance department with good customer reviews which might give you an idea what to get.
I did wash up for them, Meg, it was the least I could do.

I didn't realise Boots had an appliance department, I'll certainly look into that .... thanks for the tip Meg
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2011, 01:42 PM

That's terrible Mags, the poor chap having to get up at 5 AM!, give him my sympathy.. Seriously though, it just shows you when the family pull together everything works out for the best in the end, hope you get the cooker you want.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top