Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 02:22 PM

Re: Convid Vaccine. Government playing doctor, making life and death decision

HI

Much as I dislike Boris this is not his mess.

It goes back to Cameron and May who decided to dismantle our Public Protection System, all to save £70 million a year.

Boris is in an impossible position.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I simply do not understand the Covid Deniers and those who will refuse the vaccine.

I have been in and out of hospital for months, heart problems. not covid.

I have spent most of my hospital time in ICU or High Dependancy Units.

I have seen the effects of Covid, heard people die

It is not nice knowing the one opposite and the one next to you are dead and seeing the bodies being wheeled out.

It is not just the oldies, both were younger than me.

No vaccine, no treatment is my simple solution, it would concentrate minds.

Putting NHS Staff and others at risk is very selfish.
I completely agree.

I have mentioned before that I think the biggest reason for the continued spread of Covid is the behaviour of covidiots.

If there was any justice in the world, the covidiots would contract Covid and be the ones to die from it.
Yes, I'm sure I'll be criticised for making that statement.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:00 PM

League tables between different regions based on number of vaccinations alone are meaningless. Different areas have different demographics. You'd need to adjust the data for this to see what's really happening.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
League tables between different regions based on number of vaccinations alone are meaningless. Different areas have different demographics. You'd need to adjust the data for this to see what's really happening.
Exactly - no league tables - no competition .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:15 PM

I believe that the number of BAME's refusing vaccine should be cause for concern. Anyone remember the TB sanatoriums? A good idea would be to round up all the BAME's who refuse and send them to secure accommadation for OUR safety. There is precedence based on enforced isolation from the TB days until a cure and viable vaccine was found.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 03:16 PM

You'd also need to factor in the number of people who have said they will refuse a vaccination alongside, as I have said, the number of covidiots. Many of the latter are likely to be included in those who refuse the vaccine, presumably on the grounds that they believe that they are immune and forgetting that they are also likely to pass on the infection to others.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I haven't seen any league tables .....
Your just being pedantic for obvious reasons.

Anyone who is a regular reader of the news can see what the media is doing. In one major news article you had journalists from nearly all the main stream press reporting on the fact that Scotland is rolling out the vaccine far far slower than that of everywhere else in the UK and thus putting extreme pressure on Nicola sturgeon as to why Scotland is lagging behind the rest of the UK.

Then you get reports of how quickly people in London are receiving the vaccine than those in other parts of the country and the numbers of people who are getting the vaccine.

There have been news articles where roll out of the vaccine is slower in parts of the North than that of some parts of the South.

And in all of these news articles you get numbers of how many people have been vaccinated with the journalist making comments of such and such and area is doing better than others.

Yes the roll out of the vaccine can be due to a number of factors BUT the way the journalists are wording their news articles are doing it in such a way that it's a kind of competition 'oh look, this area is beating this area in the roll out of the vaccine', 'oh look, this area is lagging behind in the number of people being vaccinated but this other area is doing good'.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->

Anyone who is a regular reader of the news can see what the media is doing. In one major news article you had journalists from nearly all the main stream press reporting on the fact that Scotland is rolling out the vaccine far far slower than that of everywhere else in the UK and thus putting extreme pressure on Nicola sturgeon as to why Scotland is lagging behind the rest of the UK.

Then you get reports of how quickly people in London are receiving the vaccine than those in other parts of the country and the numbers of people who are getting the vaccine.

There have been news articles where roll out of the vaccine is slower in parts of the North than that of some parts of the South.

And in all of these news articles you get numbers of how many people have been vaccinated with the journalist making comments of such and such and area is doing better than others.

Yes the roll out of the vaccine can be due to a number of factors BUT the way the journalists are wording their news articles are doing it in such a way that it's a kind of competition 'oh look, this area is beating this area in the roll out of the vaccine', 'oh look, this area is lagging behind in the number of people being vaccinated but this other area is doing good'.
Luckily, I don't read the tabloids .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->

Exactly this.

Instead of being grateful for the tremendous efforts being made to vaccinate a huge number of people in as short a timescale as possible and promote a feeling of hope, they seem to prefer displaying misery and dejection.
We need hope and positivity at times like this, and despite the obvious there is in fact much to be positive about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:22 PM

They said on the news this morning that they are now trying to get the government to change it to 6 weeks between the jabs, so I will wait and see if it changes.

Last I heard, some medical people are having doubts whether it is any protection against the newer variants anyway.

I wonder why we need 2 jabs in the first place. We don't need 2 flu jabs.

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top