Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 03:45 PM

Re: Trump to execute 5 convicted killers

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Am I the only one who finds this move psychologically creepy? It's like he's furious at the result and this is his way to satisfy his rage legally killing because he suddenly decides to say "off with their heads". While it may be justified by their terrible crimes it seems to me very theatrical in a medieval way. Get the masses baying for blood etc. Very King Joffrey behaviour.
It's typically immature behaviour from Trump .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
More likely he was of the opinion that they were Lebensunwertes Leben in which he was certainly correct and was concerned that when the ANTIFA filth and their fellow travelers got control they would be released.
That is a German Nazi term for those who have no right to live and should be euthanised on the basis of race or disability or sexual tendencies - so you are inferring that Trump is a Nazi sympathiser? As per the "left wing" media ? Do you agree with these views for certain races, the disabled and those with disabilities?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 05:04 PM

That is a German Nazi term for those who have no right to live and should be euthanised on the basis of race or disability or sexual tendencies - so you are inferring that Trump is a Nazi sympathiser? As per the "left wing" media ? Do you agree with these views for certain races, the disabled and those with disabilities?
It is an expression that is common parlance well before it was used by the Nazis. I infer NOTHING so no ceegar lady.

In this case it refers to filth who have lost any justification to be kept alive and who in spite of being "Unnütze Esser" (he he!) continue to be fed and watered.

Although I abhor capital punishment I equally abhor these "Untermensch" (he he!) who by their tribal savagery have lost the right to life in our civilised world.

We own every breath they take but never outside of jail and preferably in some form of oubliette.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 05:33 PM

It seems to me that the public overwhelmingly wants to be rid of certain killers. Take Ted Bundy, for example. Bundy was a serial killer who had a 4 year rampage (1974-1978) spanning across America, where he killed in excess of 36 woman. Bundy was finally captured and executed in Florida.

I am not convinced that executing people PREVENTS others from killing if that is what they have a mind to do. Serial killers, especially, have a warped mind that drives them to kill.

In the end, all we can say is that executing a person MAY bring some relief to the families of the victims of the killer.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 11:28 PM

Am I the only one who finds this move psychologically creepy? It's like he's furious at the result and this is his way to satisfy his rage legally killing because he suddenly decides to say "off with their heads". While it may be justified by their terrible crimes it seems to me very theatrical in a medieval way. Get the masses baying for blood etc. Very King Joffrey behaviour.
What? You mean creepier than he normally is?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What? You mean creepier than he normally is?
Haha good point!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-12-2020, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It is an expression that is common parlance well before it was used by the Nazis. I infer NOTHING so no ceegar lady.

In this case it refers to filth who have lost any justification to be kept alive and who in spite of being "Unnütze Esser" (he he!) continue to be fed and watered.

Although I abhor capital punishment I equally abhor these "Untermensch" (he he!) who by their tribal savagery have lost the right to life in our civilised world.

We own every breath they take but never outside of jail and preferably in some form of oubliette.
It's not a common expression unless you want to be associated with the ideology of Nazi Germany. Why do you keep using German in your posts? Do you have an obsession with the Third Reich?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 12:40 AM

Trump is just a spoilt brat.He lost the election so he's going to take it out on someone.His thought processes go no deeper than that.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2020, 12:50 AM

Why do you keep using German in your posts? Do you have an obsession with the Third Reich?
Although not my argument, I see nothing wrong with Todger using German (or indeed any other language) in his posts. Indeed, the term "Lebensunwertes Leben" is a somewhat apt term in this thread, since there does seem to be a bit of a prevailing view that terrorists fulfil the criteria.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-12-2020, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Although not my argument, I see nothing wrong with Todger using German (or indeed any other language) in his posts. Indeed, the term "Lebensunwertes Leben" is a somewhat apt term in this thread, since there does seem to be a bit of a prevailing view that terrorists fulfil the criteria.
I don't agree that this is an apt term in this day and age unless you support Nazi german ideology. It is also a way of cloaking what you might not want to say in plain English to take the edge off. Reeks of a fear of rejection and evasiveness. In other words cowardly and a bit desperate.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top