Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 05:55 PM

Re: Christmas Spirit in short supply in Newbury

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just waiting for the "Go fund me" pleas to emerge.
Let’s hope a kind Samaritan pays the bill for her.especially if she’s a struggling single parent, no word of a husband I read.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 06:11 PM

That is typical of most privately run car parks, we have one here like that & no one with sense ever parks in it now.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I sent an email to their London office asking them to do the right thing .
But surely the RIGHT thing is for the parking company to raise a penalty charge when people park illegally? The decision regarding cancelling the penalty charge is entirely up to the parking management company. They did the right thing.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 06:39 PM

But surely the RIGHT thing is for the parking company to raise a penalty charge when people park illegally? The decision regarding cancelling the penalty charge is entirely up to the parking management company. They did the right thing.
Am I reading this right, your defending the parking company for giving the lady a fine and not cancelling it when given the circumstances of the overstay!!??
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 06:43 PM

How on earth can you say that Todger?

Whilst it may well have been acceptable to initially follow the pernickety vagaries of breaching car park law a little bit of humanity and understanding wouldn't have gone amiss.

It's behopes the police never roll up and park on that car park to investigate a crime without buying a ticket to display on their windscreen.

Who knows ...perhaps if any family of the deceased man read about it they might try to contact her.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Am I reading this right, your defending the parking company for giving the lady a fine and not cancelling it when given the circumstances of the overstay!!??
The parking management were right imposing a penalty charge, cancelling the charge was entirely up to them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 07:07 PM

At first reading of the article - yes - common humanity would expect the charge to be dropped in the circumstances, and I sincerely hope that they will.

But

The cynic in me says the young woman is 'milking' the situation. Children who 'expect a lot from Father Christmas',
taking anti depressants, can't use the car park because of having 'flash backs', just sounds a bit OTT to me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I sent an email to their London office asking them to do the right thing .
Good for you, Muddy. I hope they listen.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I think he's on the board of governors of the company. To be honest, I was not surprised to read what he wrote.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 07:31 PM

The parking management were right imposing a penalty charge, cancelling the charge was entirely up to them.

Your a disgrace and a disgusting person in my opinion. A woman tries to help a man in distress, basically trying to save his life by giving him CPR and you have the audacity to defend the parking companies actions.

I just hope more members in here see you for what you truly are.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top