Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:21 AM

Life Choices.

Hi

Prompted by ST this morning.

She is very insightful.

This is not an area I would choose to live in.

It is however ideal for my Epileptic Son, who cannot drive, so walking distance of everything.

It is also a much smaller house, I was pinging about on my own in a huge place.

When I moved here I was fit and active and took no flack at all from the local prats.

It was not scary, born in Chadderton, moved to Huddersfield, worked in Burmantofts and Chapletown in Leeds.

I could cope with the few local prats no bother.

They are sharp eyed however and the number of Ambulances arriving marked me out as a Victim.

My street cred has gone down since July last year.

I am improving, but it will take some time to get back to where I was.

I will do it, but a bit at a time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:38 AM

Re: Life Choices.

Swimmy my advice to you would be to stop thinking about 'street cred' and how 'tough' you were. Circumstances change, you made the move to where you are, your health has deteriorated and what you should do now is to ignore those around you who you don't get along with and concentrate on yourself and your health. You should be isolating anyway so the avoiding your unpleasant neighbours should not be difficult.

I don't know some of you elderly men, standing outside your doors like gorillas beating your chests and bellowing 'I am a tough male' just stop and enjoy the things you can quietly and let others do the same.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:38 AM

One day at a time Swimmy
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Swimmy my advice to you would be to stop thinking about 'street cred' and how 'tough' you were. Circumstances change, you made the move to where you are, your health has deteriorated and what you should do now is to ignore those around you who you don't get along with and concentrate on yourself and your health. You should be isolating anyway so the avoiding your unpleasant neighbours should not be difficult.

I don't know some of you elderly men, standing outside your doors like gorillas beating your chests and bellowing 'I am a tough male' just stop and enjoy the things you can quietly and let others do the same.
Hi

No beating of chests on my part Meg,

I just want to be left alone to have a quiet life for myself and my son,

No Drug Dealing on my cross over, no spitting into my garden.

Simple, basic rules.

Easy to follow and not agressive at all.

I will not however be paying £5 a week not to have my car damaged and neither will I be paying £10 a week not to be mugged.

I do not threaten them, I simply explain to them exactly what will happen if they break these simple rules.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:20 AM

Sound/ solid, positive advice here....I hope you take it...SF.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:25 AM

Well said, Meg.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well said, Meg.
Absolutely right.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:44 PM

There are 'prats' in all areas, the answer is to avoid them as much as possible. My guess is that you create a problem wherever you go because you think you are the terminator. You are not. Time to move perhaps and next time keep your head down. You are obsessed with these drug dealers or whatever they are but I doubt they give you a second thought.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as they say.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:50 PM

To everything there is a season. It's hard for some of us to recognise that we are entering the season in which it is time to chill out and start to just say "eff it" rather than try to change it or even confront it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 01:04 PM

Swimmy, have you ever considered moving to a Retiement Village? There might not be so many thuggies there.... well there aren’t usually!

Or do you need to live somewhere where Guy can be with you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top