Join for free
Page 149 of 737 « First < 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 649 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 09:57 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Hi

I moved 17 weeks ago from a small, rural, agricultural village to the County Town.

The 4x4s in the village where from farms, old Land Rovers, Subaru's and Toyotas.

You could count the number of huge new 4x4s on two hands outside the Primary School.

Can anyone explain why we need these gas guzzling huge 4x4s outside a Primary School in town with excellent bus services and gritting services and a catchment area of less than a mile?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
i live on an island,in a bucolic area of agriculture,marshes and hills,Bes. I was in my Lady because I was carrying 4 toolboxes. The trip to town was unforeseen. Were I to swap for a Chelsea lifestyle,I would heartily agree with you,but out here in the unlit,winding remotes,I have often been flagged-down to pull an 'urbanite' from a ditch or hedge. Usually on S-bends,invariably on tiny lanes. We Landy drivers have our uses,bro.
There is always that moment when the Prius driver is stuck in the snow and they watch you sail past in your 4x4.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 11:44 AM

The bins not being emptied on the correct day stated.

Our blue bin was supposed to be emptied on Friday but they didn't show up so everybody's bins were still outside overflowing with bottles, plastic and wrapping paper. A neighbour rang the council and they "apologised" and said they wouldn't now be done until next Wednesday instead
So that will probably now put back the black bin collection another week. I know people have holidays for Christmas but they should at least employ a skeleton staff to deal with the extra rubbish at this time of the year.
No wonder people are fly tipping!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The bins not being emptied on the correct day stated.

Our blue bin was supposed to be emptied on Friday but they didn't show up so everybody's bins were still outside overflowing with bottles, plastic and wrapping paper. A neighbour rang the council and they "apologised" and said they wouldn't now be done until next Wednesday instead
So that will probably now put back the black bin collection another week. I know people have holidays for Christmas but they should at least employ a skeleton staff to deal with the extra rubbish at this time of the year.
No wonder people are fly tipping!
Couldn't agree more. Fly tipping apparently costs councils around £60M per year. Wouldn't it be cheaper to make rubbish tips free?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-12-2018, 11:58 AM

That little window that is still popping up telling me that my USB could perform faster. It pops up every time I switch on, despite the fact that I have disabled it a hundred times. Why do they insist on these annoying messages?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 02:00 PM

My sciatica.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-12-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
My sciatica.
That must get on your nerves SP.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That must get on your nerves SP.
Yes it is today.x
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
48 Licences? and you carry them all around with you?
Yes. They're in my wallet. all 48. 6 cards,denoting STGO,triple A,bike,car,psv/pcv,hgv,HMP vehicles [sweat boxes],taxi licence,intructors licences x3,plus SCV licence,unrestricted.

But all in polycard form,so they're in with my debit card & my Nectar Points card. Why do you ask?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
i live on an island,in a bucolic area of agriculture,marshes and hills,Bes. I was in my Lady because I was carrying 4 toolboxes. The trip to town was unforeseen. Were I to swap for a Chelsea lifestyle,I would heartily agree with you,but out here in the unlit,winding remotes,I have often been flagged-down to pull an 'urbanite' from a ditch or hedge. Usually on S-bends,invariably on tiny lanes. We Landy drivers have our uses,bro.
I grew up on a hill farm in Scotland. Yes, the Landrover was more than a bit useful, especially in winter.

But I have no time for these bloody Chelsea tractors.

Page 149 of 737 « First < 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 649 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top