Join for free
Page 647 of 737 « First < 147 547 597 637 645 646 647 648 649 657 697 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:25 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
And those who post snippets of newspaper reports and no links...how am I supposed to know it was something from The Badger Owners Weekly?
I will always let you know Vlad, same with my Goatherd subscription.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I will always let you know Vlad, same with my Goatherd subscription.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I like a bit of both tbh. I'm not keen on 'Blah, here's the link' I prefer a few more blahs (it saves me clicking on it if it doesn't interest me).
Yeah same here Longdogs, sometimes I can't be arsed to follow a link........I'm probably not too bothered where it's from, nothing you read in the media is true anyway....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:34 AM

Talking about newspaper reports, I usually look at the Express online.
What often annoys me is that some of their articles appear to be quite interesting, yet when I get to the bottom I find that "Comments have been disabled". These often turn out to be about illegal immigrants and BAME people, for some reason.

I now scroll straight to the bottom and if comments are not allowed, I don't even bother to read the article.

Some people even post a comment on a different article, referring to the one on which comments are banned! I don't think the Express police have noticed that happening yet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Talking about newspaper reports, I usually look at the Express online.
What often annoys me is that some of their articles appear to be quite interesting, yet when I get to the bottom I find that "Comments have been disabled". These often turn out to be about illegal immigrants and BAME people, for some reason.

I now scroll straight to the bottom and if comments are not allowed, I don't even bother to read the article.

Some people even post a comment on a different article, referring to the one on which comments are banned! I don't think the Express police have noticed that happening yet.
With so much bias these days it's hard to know what to believe anymore JB... I've certainly stopped getting angry with the articles I read because in most cases that is exactly what they want....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
With so much bias these days it's hard to know what to believe anymore JB... I've certainly stopped getting angry with the articles I read because in most cases that is exactly what they want....
Oh, I don't get angry with the articles themselves. It's when someone, somewhere has decided that, for some reason, readers may not post their own opinions.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I don't get angry with the articles themselves. It's when someone, somewhere has decided that, for some reason, readers may not post their own opinions.
Yes, lve just discovered the comments section in the papers
JBR !and l find it very entertaining !
The only problem l have is in believing that the comments are
actually posted by real people and not some editor or other?
As you say, it is difficult to distinguish the smoke from the
mirrors?

Donkeyman! 😟😟👎👎
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yeah same here Longdogs, sometimes I can't be arsed to follow a link........I'm probably not too bothered where it's from, nothing you read in the media is true anyway....

This is true ..... or not.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:11 AM

Ebay Sellers that are actually in China or Hong Kong ect. I usually always click the box for UK Sellers only, but somehow these cheats manage to kid on they are in this county.
I don't mind buying from them if I happen to be in the Worldwide section but it fair gets me annoyed to believe I'm buying from someone here only to find later they're on the other side of the world and delivery will take forever and the size will be wrong as theirs are way smaller than the UK Sizes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 02:32 PM

When I find I can't do things I used to do.

Page 647 of 737 « First < 147 547 597 637 645 646 647 648 649 657 697 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top