Join for free
Page 11 of 42 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 10:19 PM

Re: What A Loss (?)

And here's my bit!...Forget Canada. Sure, lovely country, nice people. Toronto is pretty much like Melbourne but the coffee is not as good and Montreal is nicer than Paris (IMO) and all that but rather they come here. We can give them some stylish yellow overalls and hard hat and they can have a nice ride on a big red and yellow truck with a dirty big hose. If nothing else it would certainly displace the "me first" issue. Now that would be useful.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
And here's my bit!...Forget Canada. Sure, lovely country, nice people. Toronto is pretty much like Melbourne but the coffee is not as good and Montreal is nicer than Paris (IMO) and all that but rather they come here. We can give them some stylish yellow overalls and hard hat and they can have a nice ride on a big red and yellow truck with a dirty big hose. If nothing else it would certainly displace the "me first" issue. Now that would be useful.
Keezoy - Hell is nicer than Paris!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 12:53 AM

All this is making me want to visit Canada...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Keezoy - Hell is nicer than Paris!
Well I've been to both Montreal and Paris and I have to say that Montreal seemed almost more French than Paris. I loved it. The city and the people were a whole lot nicer and the food was every bit as good and the whole place didn't stink of urine. But I have to also say that the provincial French and their cities were much nicer than Paris. A bit of a swerve from the topic but it is about Canada I guess. Visit Canada Annie. Great place.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Most of us have a boss or a set of company guidelines we have to adhere to .... I don't really see why their job should be any different, even if it means interacting with people he doesn't especially like or approve of.
I do think the way he and Meg have gone about it gives an insight into their own characters that isn't very flattering.
Very 'Me first'.
Mind you, I was having trouble with a royal kid called Archie, it never sounded right.
BDoes Archibald sound better Morty??

Donkeyman!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:12 PM

Yes Archibald sounds much better.
It's just that I always think, 'When Harry met Meg and made Archie' .... sounds like a spin off from the Simpsons or something.
OMG .. they won't do their own daily soap will they?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Yes Archibald sounds much better.
It's just that I always think, 'When Harry met Meg and made Archie' .... sounds like a spin off from the Simpsons or something.
OMG .. they won't do their own daily soap will they?
The world seems to be their oyster!
Their options are infinite!
But they still want to maintain links with the crown????
F-- -- -- off!
Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
All this is making me want to visit Canada...
Go. Even if just for a couple of day shopping trip in Toronto or a schlep around Ottawa. Best of all would be a cross Canada rail trip in conjunction with an open ended air ticket (Vancouver is a MUST!) or just an off the peg holiday.

For someone who had never left the UK and had the choice to go anywhere then of all the many places that I've been to I would advise them to visit to Canada.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 02:11 PM

It’s too cold .
And I don’t want bears overturning my bins.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The world seems to be their oyster!
Their options are infinite!
But they still want to maintain links with the crown????
F-- -- -- off!
Donkeyman!
Yes at the moment ,they are still comparitivly young ,and everything is fresh about them .
What happens 30 years from now when they will be in their 70"s and the world has has moved on.
They might cut quite sad figures ,who knows ? Like the queen"s Uncle
I feel for Harry as he is supposed to have mental health problems due to the loss of his Mother,how will it will be all reconciled,suppose he will be taken back into the fold,which is good .
Meghan is not a good person for him IMO .

Page 11 of 42 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top