Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:09 AM

Re: I may end up with another cat!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I just wanted to share some great news with the people who have read my story about Mr Grey......

Last night I left my cat flap open with some food in the back hall & around 8.30 I peeped in to see if he had eaten it and he was fast asleep on an old cat bed that my cats no longer use.
He wasn't able to get in the rest of the house as my cats are kept in at night, but when I got up this morning he was still there waiting for breakfast.

Rudi, my cat that has asthma lives upstairs & now never goes out..so he hasn't met Mr Grey but Kit & Tammy, my other two, are tolerating him & there has been no aggression!
One of the ways I won his trust was to get down on my hands and knees & spend a little time blinking & talking to him in a quiet voice.
I will let you all know when he allows me to stroke him.
Well done, Twinkle. You've been adopted!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well done, Twinkle. You've been adopted!
I am hoping it is permanent... so I have stocked up on chicken as it is his favorite food!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 11:04 AM

Great progress Twink well done...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Great progress Twink well done...
Thanks Meg. My local RSPCA are wanting photos, so they can use them & his story to persuade people to get their cats neutered.
A feral cat that isn't neutered often dies by the time they are 5 years old, but a neutered pet cat often lives well into it's teens. The cat that i kept the longest was an orphaned kitten of 4 weeks and she died from a stroke at the age of 22 years.
The vets think Mr Grey is between 3 & 4 years... so I may have him for quite a long time>
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thanks Meg. My local RSPCA are wanting photos, so they can use them & his story to persuade people to get their cats neutered.
A feral cat that isn't neutered often dies by the time they are 5 years old, but a neutered pet cat often lives well into it's teens. The cat that i kept the longest was an orphaned kitten of 4 weeks and she died from a stroke at the age of 22 years.
The vets think Mr Grey is between 3 & 4 years... so I may have him for quite a long time>
Let's hope so.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

05-03-2021, 10:42 AM

Some of you may remember me taking in a feral cat that had fractured his leg, back in July 2020 so I thought I would update you on his progress.

It hasn't been an easy task & it has taken much patience to win his trust. The RSPCA & myself now think that his fracture may have been caused by somebody kicking him, as it wasn't a serious fracture as it healed withing a couple of weeks.

Mr Grey is now a permanent resident who is in his bed by 9pm and stays in till I get up around 6.30 am. He then has breakfast so I have mine in my study, where he comes to join me every morning.
I have a rubber brush, to remove excess hair from my other cats, so as he was rubbing against my legs & turning all my trousers into grey fluffy ones, I thought I would try the brush.... at this point I had never been able to stroke him so expected a few scratches.

After a week he has decided that this brush is wonderful & now sits by my desk chair every morning, so I can give him a good brushing. Cats tend to drool when they are happy, and this morning he drooled for the very first time & purred constantly while being brushed.
It is now 9.30 am and he hasn't left my side since breakfast at 7 am......so I now think he will remain a permanent resident of my house.
That is a bigger joy than winning the lottery!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:44 AM

Hi

Well done Twinks and so pleased for you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 10:56 AM

Well done Twink, you have worked wonders with Mr Grey to get him to this stage.

Will he mix with your other cats?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

05-03-2021, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well done Twinks and so pleased for you.
Thank you.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:13 AM

Oh twink that is lovely

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top