Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 04:59 PM

Re: Why do people buy these dogs ?

Yes I read that Vlad.
The poor people of North Korea ( barring their tubby ruler ) are starving.
The poor dogs .
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes I read that Vlad.
The poor people of North Korea ( barring their tubby ruler ) are starving.
The poor dogs .
What a state for a country to get itself in.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Personally I think people should learn about the breed of dog they are thinking of getting BEFORE, they get it.
I knew all about Old English Sheepdogs as my folks used to breed them, when we got Dageus he was the first dog who hadn't been an OES, and I read up on the "black" Golden Doodles as much as I could soak up. But then that's just me..

Yes Roxy, I agree and said this in post 3.
Of course that could only be done with pedigree dogs though, and not all these 'designer dog' crossbreeds being churned out too.

It's surprising how many people think a crossbreed will be healthier too. They don't seem to think that it won't if it was bred from unhealthy parents with hereditary faults!

It's a nightmare nowadays, with so many crooks about.
Even so-called pedigrees can have false paperwork so checking the paperwork can be dicey even.
I used to know someone who often provided false paperwork with her puppies, and the buyers hadn't a clue.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
On the other hand ....
From the National Post

I can hardly believe that Vlad.
I can't think about it, else I will imagine it and not forget it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Personally I think people should learn about the breed of dog they are thinking of getting BEFORE, they get it.
I knew all about Old English Sheepdogs as my folks used to breed them, when we got Dageus he was the first dog who hadn't been an OES, and I read up on the "black" Golden Doodles as much as I could soak up. But then that's just me..

Mrs LD also researched for months before we got Murtagh. Mind you, it is said they are not 'Barkers'.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
What a state for a country to get itself in.
That little fat boy, cut up, could feed the whole Nation.

I remember hearing something similar during war time when dogs were put down because they could not be fed.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 11:35 AM

L D what a good idea...and for more than a week
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-08-2020, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That little fat boy, cut up, could feed the whole Nation.

I remember hearing something similar during war time when dogs were put down because they could not be fed.

Yeah, he doesn't look exactly thin and starving himself, does he! Those poor dogs are probably for his own freezers, anyway.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 02:29 PM

I hope his horse makes it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top