Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 01:21 AM

Woman attcked by bison

No matter how many time people are warned, or how often they see signs giving warnings, people continue to do as they please. Every year, people who intrude upon a bison's space are gorged/trampled by bison's.
In the latest example, a 54 yr old woman approached within a few feet of a mother bison who was nursing her baby. Predictably, the mother bison attacked the woman. Mama bison got one of her horns in the woman's jeans, ripped them completely off and gored her several times.
The woman was lifted by life flight to a hospital where she is recovering.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	13535  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 05:37 AM

Re: Woman attcked by bison

Ouch! How silly to approach any wild animal with young!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 10:42 AM

We have the same problem here.

A surfer has suffered severe cuts to her leg in a shark attack at Shelly Beach in Port Macquarie, on the NSW north coast.

The 35-year-old woman was treated by paramedics who were called to the beach just after 9.30am today, NSW Ambulance said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...e-nsw/12561978
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ouch! How silly to approach any wild animal with young!
Not just wild animals, my friends Highland cows were pretty intimidating when they had calves. I used to stand by the fence & sling their hay into the hay rack, no way was I going into the field with them.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 11:34 AM

Here's a video clip:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6181118950001#sp=show-clips

The lady is lucky to be alive .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 02:38 PM

The Bison would not know this silly woman's intentions, so did what it's natural instinct tells it to do, and protected it's young.
It is hard to believe anyone would mess with an animal of that size and power.
Almost any animal will do exactly the same, right down the scale to birds even.

What makes me really mad though, is when the animal gets the blame for attacking a human, and gets itself shot!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
We have the same problem here.

A surfer has suffered severe cuts to her leg in a shark attack at Shelly Beach in Port Macquarie, on the NSW north coast.

The 35-year-old woman was treated by paramedics who were called to the beach just after 9.30am today, NSW Ambulance said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...e-nsw/12561978
Yea gods
Australia is not the place to go deeper than 6 inches into the sea and even then a sea wasp might get you
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
No matter how many time people are warned, or how often they see signs giving warnings, people continue to do as they please. Every year, people who intrude upon a bison's space are gorged/trampled by bison's.
In the latest example, a 54 yr old woman approached within a few feet of a mother bison who was nursing her baby. Predictably, the mother bison attacked the woman. Mama bison got one of her horns in the woman's jeans, ripped them completely off and gored her several times.
The woman was lifted by life flight to a hospital where she is recovering.
I wouldn’t have one in my home, no matter how cute and cuddly people think they are, I Daren't think how big the cat litter tray would have to be.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I wouldn’t have one in my home, no matter how cute and cuddly people think they are, I Daren't think how big the cat litter tray would have to be.
Wot!!!!!!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->

Ye, gods. Cute and cuddly ? A bison ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top