Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sid Joseph
New Member!
Enfield, Middlesex
Sid Joseph is male 

29-08-2020, 01:43 PM

Fusion

Went to Southbury Leisure for the first time since Covid and my card had expired. I was told they no longer do Over 50s concessions (i'm over 60) and the fee was now 35per month.
This is robbery from what i used to pay on concession approx £20pm. Does anyone know of any comparable price membership for us oldies?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 03:58 PM

Re: Fusion

Sorry Sid, but what is Fusion?

Is it a health club or gym or something?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry Sid, but what is Fusion?

Is it a health club or gym or something?
I thought it was a form of nuclear reaction to produce energy[URL="https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielcohen/2020/08/07/iter-the-worlds-largest-nuclear-fusion-project-a-big-step-forward/"]
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I thought it was a form of nuclear reaction to produce energy[URL="https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielcohen/2020/08/07/iter-the-worlds-largest-nuclear-fusion-project-a-big-step-forward/"]
I'd run a mile.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2020, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'd run a mile.
I will always admire someone with the ability to run a mile
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 10:37 AM

Should this not be in general?????

And for the record I don't know what fusion is either..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 11:54 AM

Maybe it’s Con-fusion?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Maybe it’s Con-fusion?

It is for me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:26 PM

Sid, l thought you might have meant the name of the leisure centre you attend, so l googled it. I see Fusion Lifestyle is a sporting leisure company.

I suppose, us over 60’s have come to expect concessions on member/admission prices. Afterall, if we keep fit and healthy, we are less of a burden on the NHS.

I have seen prices creeping up everywhere, especially in supermarkets who didn’t suffer during the Covid 19 Lockdown. I imagine the prices have gone up to cover the extra measures they had to take, to safeguard us when visiting these places.

They probably think as we haven’t been out much to spend, that we have ‘loadsa money’ and they want some of that!

I can’t recommend anywhere as l don’t use gyms but l hope you find somewhere at a reasonable price.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 01:20 PM

The council-run Leisure Centre up here charges members £29 per month (sessions are free) but memberships must be paid for in a 6-month lump sum. There is a scheme whereby non-member Seniors can, if they wish, buy an £8.45 discount card that lasts a year and that card reduces the £7.15 charge for a non-member gym session down to £2.85. Sounds great, but based on how often I'd be going I'd end up paying £11.40 a week to use the gym that way.

Thankfully my gym - a great place and so friendly - is £20 a month (no contract, pay monthly, and you can cancel membership at any time) for us wrinklies, and as I currently go 4 times a week that's really excellent value. (Like most gyms I have heard about they suspended all fees while they were closed because of the Lockdown.) The council-run gym is, by comparison, so expensive it can kiss my aspidistra, lol.

Sessions in both gyms normally last as long as you like as they are not time-limited - if you want to spend all day there you can if you wish to. With the current restrictions my gym sessions (no idea if the council restricts sessions atm) are only an hour long now as they want to avoid overcrowding, but you can go every day of the week if you want to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top