Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 01:59 PM

Re: The Rule of Six.

Originally Posted by summer ->
I still giggle at my pal Barbara's suggestion I should keep my mask on at the dentists
Oh dentists, I remember those!

Ours have been cancelling appointments due for November! Will they ever catch up I wonder?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

Ours have been cancelling appointments due for November! Will they ever catch up I wonder?

Well Tessa, if it goes on long enough, all our teeth will fall out and they will just have to take an impression & get us all a new set of teeth!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I was really saddened tonight in my local Tesco, there were hardly anyone with masks on, I couldn't help but notice it was mainly the young who wouldn't put on a mask.

I get there are exempt people, such as people with asthma, lung problems etc but I can't believe for one moment ALL these young people had such problems.

It feels to me like we are going to go into a second wave so we may have to go into lockdown again all because people were so selfish and rebellious as to not at least try to help stop the spread.

Horrible and selfish people.
Most of it is total Baldocks .
We are talking of a 20 minute shopping twirl not the London Marathon .
If people have a problem with masks they must GET SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THEIR SHOPPING it’s as simple as that .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I was really saddened tonight in my local Tesco, there were hardly anyone with masks on, I couldn't help but notice it was mainly the young who wouldn't put on a mask.

I get there are exempt people, such as people with asthma, lung problems etc but I can't believe for one moment ALL these young people had such problems.

It feels to me like we are going to go into a second wave so we may have to go into lockdown again all because people were so selfish and rebellious as to not at least try to help stop the spread.

Horrible and selfish people.
I've just been to our Tesco, everyone was wearing masks, even the little kids were. People were very polite & kept to the distancing too.

Not like the car boot this morning, where several males were pushing in to grab stuff. Frightened they'd miss a bargain. I just glared at them & walked away. It was always the males, the women were much more polite.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well Tessa, if it goes on long enough, all our teeth will fall out and they will just have to take an impression & get us all a new set of teeth!
My dentist has been cancelling mine since March .... I'm due again for a filling at the end of September.
Meanwhile ... I keep sucking me spongy gums to keep them clean and keep smiling.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I've just been to our Tesco, everyone was wearing masks, even the little kids were. People were very polite & kept to the distancing too.

Not like the car boot this morning, where several males were pushing in to grab stuff. Frightened they'd miss a bargain. I just glared at them & walked away. It was always the males, the women were much more polite.
I blame the young uns.

Have you noticed none of them ever move off the pavement to keep the 2M rule .... instead they hog the pavement, usually off in a world of their own and expect the other person to shift.
Older people at least give a nod of the head as a polite form of thank you that you moved into the road.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 05:42 PM

Ours have been cancelling appointments due for November!
Will they ever catch up I wonder?

I don't understand that Tess?

Mine cancelled my appointment twice earlier in the year, but they are working again now. I went for my check up atthe end of July.

I don't know what would have happened if I had needed treatment, but luckily I didn't.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Unfortunately very true, big parties locally last night with more going on now.
I just heard fireworks going off somewhere local. Lots more police around (and unfortunately a few ambulances)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't understand that Tess?

Mine cancelled my appointment twice earlier in the year, but they are working again now. I went for my check up atthe end of July.

I don't know what would have happened if I had needed treatment, but luckily I didn't.
They seem to be having longer appointments with a deep clean after each patient so I guess if they had a backlog some places will be catching up forever
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My dentist has been cancelling mine since March .... I'm due again for a filling at the end of September.
Meanwhile ... I keep sucking me spongy gums to keep them clean and keep smiling.

I save stuff for later in my cavities.

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top