Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 08:24 PM

UKTV gone!

Suddenly today, with no prior warning, I find that UKTV is no longer available on our Fire Stick. I have no idea whether it is still on live TV as we don't do that now.

Their channels and programmes are all still there, but each and every one now states "0 minutes" when you select it.

I thought at first that it was something wrong at my end, so removed UKTV from the Fire Stick account and downloaded it again. Same situation, however.

A bit of searching revealed that UKTV disappeared from Virgin Media's internet TV service due to the fact that UKTV was asking for too much money from Virgin. Understandable, I suppose, as UKTV is owned by the BBC who are losing TV licence money hand over fist!

So I wonder whether this is the same problem: money, money, money!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 09:34 PM

Re: UKTV gone!

How strange. As far as I know it is still on Sky (will have a look when Mrs LD has finished watching a programme about the Royals). I quite often watch the Dave and Drama channels which I think are part of UK tv.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 11:01 PM

Strange indeed. I've just been watching the last season
(6) of Brokenwood Mysteries on it and it plays okay. Just tried watching seasons 1 to 5 and as you say, they go straight to zero. Chances are that those seasons have expired?

ETA: it's the very last episode of season 6 that's available. All the rest have gone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 09:46 AM

I have now written to UKTV to ask them for an explanation.
Best to get it straight from the horse's mouth!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 09:50 AM

Yes, still getting Dave, Yesterday etc on Sky.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-09-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, still getting Dave, Yesterday etc on Sky.
Yes, but the thing is that UKTV decides where it will sell its programmes.
No doubt it still transmits live (though I wouldn't know about that), but it seems not to be providing programmes on Fire Stick and possibly not on other internet services.

I read that recently they had ceased to provide programmes on Virgin Media as VM had refused to pay their inflated charges!
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the same is the case with Amazon Fire Stick.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-09-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have now written to UKTV to ask them for an explanation.
Best to get it straight from the horse's mouth!
Just received this reply from UKTV:
"Dear Viewer,
Thank you for your email.
Our technical team are working on a fix for this issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 11:47 AM

Must just be 'Broke' JB...

It's all still on freeview JB...Just had a scroll through....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-09-2020, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
just received this reply from uktv:
"dear viewer,
thank you for your email.
Our technical team are working on a fix for this issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 09:27 PM

My UKTV is up and running again. Just watching Brokenwood 1st episode (again )

All okay so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top