Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 12:29 PM

Re: It Was 20 Years Ago Today

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
As I said - You know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. Pretty cheap investment really.

As a whole, the Games are estimated to have brought about a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) uplift of between AUD $6-7 BILLION, creating over 100,000 new jobs and boosting the number of tourists by approximately 1.6 million per year.

A 6 times return on investment. What on earth are you whinging about? It not only made us all richer it was the best games ever!

Remember the old joke? What's the difference between a pommie and a Qantas jet? The Qantas jet stops whining when it get to Sydney airport. What's your next complaint?
GDP does not equate to profit. Secondly anything that results in a loss is not a good investment, thirdly how many of the jobs were temporary.

Cost Vs value? The two have to be inseparable especially when the value is transient.

Did it make Sydney richer? With a loss of over a billion and a third $Aus discounted over twenty years --- no. Best games ever? A matter of opinion however I think all Olympic games are stupid and a waste of money and effort as with all sporting things.

Whining Pom joke? No doubt based on the way that a great many emigrants behaved. That's a matter of wrong attitude on the part of the Pom!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 03:42 PM

[QUOTE=Bruce;1966322]I don't know what you asked but googled it too and this came up as #1

http://www.thepostgame.com/best-olym...lona-la-london
Sorry Bruce I must have missed that one. The three I looked up all had different results
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Sorry keezoy. I was not trying to be argumentative. I am sure it was a wonderful spectacle to all who were there.
No worries mate. It's all good.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top