Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 10:43 PM

Re: A question of Sport gets the diversity treatment.

The last time I watched AQOS I thought it was incredibly stale and well past its sell-by date. If it is to continue it badly needed a makeover and, really, I couldn't give a toss what the ethnicity/gender of the new people are as long as they are any good. Any other opinion is just plain, nasty old racism, the parlour game of many of the hard of thinking in this country. A game I never knowingly play.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The last time I watched AQOS I thought it was incredibly stale and well past its sell-by date. If it is to continue it badly needed a makeover and, really, I couldn't give a toss what the ethnicity/gender of the new people are as long as they are any good. Any other opinion is just plain, nasty old racism, the parlour game of many of the hard of thinking in this country. A game I never knowingly play.
What a load of Woke shite. The programme was fine as it was.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A big mistake, they are the most successful trio the show has ever had.
Another BBC mistake on par with the Top Gear debacle.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I don't do sport other than fishing.

The world has gone mad about diversity.

They're a pretty good dance troup
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 05:58 AM

If a programme needs 'shaking up' as they call it, why does having a black presenter make it more interesting? I have nothing against black presenters, Asian presenters are particularly good on TV but Barker was clearly shoved out because she is white. The BBC are so racist but they get away with it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 12:08 PM

This article about John Simpson. Seems that people of a certain age are treated contemptuosly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...n-1925401.html

Simpson said he had never been placed under pressure to take retirement and ageism had not affected him directly, but added that he felt there were judgements based around age at the Corporation and "in a big outfit like the BBC, right at the top or fairly near the top, quite a lot of ageism".
Ex-Countryfile host Miriam O'Reilly won an employment tribunal against the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12161045

The BBC said in a statement that it accepted the findings of the tribunal.

"The BBC is committed to fair selection in every aspect of our work and we clearly did not get it right in this case," it said.

Senior managers who made decisions on presenters would undergo additional training on selection and appointment and new guidance would be issued, it added.
Yeah right, they didn't think they would lose. What an embarrassment bbc is.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 01:50 PM

Good old British Biased again ,they just begger belief ,just a load of leftie Shite ,which we pay dearly for in many , many ways >
Crying shame TBH.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-09-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
This article about John Simpson. Seems that people of a certain age are treated contemptuosly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...n-1925401.html

Ex-Countryfile host Miriam O'Reilly won an employment tribunal against the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12161045

Yeah right, they didn't think they would lose. What an embarrassment bbc is.

What a laugh they are. As if their so called managers would benefit from extra training to cure them of ageism, sexism and racism. Yes the BBC are an embarrassment.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by reg ->
Another BBC mistake on par with the Top Gear debacle.
Yes that as well.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 03:08 PM

I stopped watching it when Coleman, Hughes and Beaumont packed it in.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top