Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 08:58 PM

Bosch

If anyone has access to Amazon Prime, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Bosch detective series. I've just completed watching season one in which Bosch is trying to find a serial killer while at the same time is investigating a cold case after the discovery of a young boy's remains in a shallow grave.

The acting from all concerned is excellent especially that of Titus Welliver in the title role of the downbeaten, world weary cop. Some gallows humour thrown in for good measure too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:05 PM

Re: Bosch

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If anyone has access to Amazon Prime, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Bosch detective series. I've just completed watching season one in which Bosch is trying to find a serial killer while at the same time is investigating a cold case after the discovery of a young boy's remains in a shallow grave.

The acting from all concerned is excellent especially that of Titus Welliver in the title role of the downbeaten, world weary cop. Some gallows humour thrown in for good measure too.
I have Prime and will give it a try Judd. thanks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

I have read all of the books - and there are many - they are excellent. Seen some episodes on prime but - although the actor playing Bosch is good - they fall far short of the books.

Here they are:-

Harry Bosch Series:

The Black Echo (1992)
The Black Ice (1993)
The Concrete Blonde (1994)
The Last Coyote (1995)
Trunk Music (1997)
Angels Flight (1999)
A Darkness More Than Night (2001)
City Of Bones (2002)
Lost Light (2003)
The Narrows (2004) (sequel to The Poet)
The Closers (2005)
Echo Park (2006)
The Overlook (2007)
Nine Dragons (2009) (also featuring Mickey Haller)
The Drop (2011)
The Black Box (2012)
The Burning Room (2014)
The Crossing (2015) (also featuring Mickey Haller)
The Wrong Side Of Goodbye (2016) (also featuring Mickey Haller)
Two Kinds Of Truth (2017) (also featuring Mickey Haller)
Dark Sacred Night (2018) (also featuring Renée Ballard)
The Night Fire (2019) (also featuring Renée Ballard)

Not sure if Mickey Haller appears in the prime series but he is a lawyer and Bosch's half brother.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have read all of the books - and there are many - they are excellent. Seen some episodes on prime but - although the actor playing Bosch is good - they fall far short of the books.

Here they are:-

Harry Bosch Series:

The Black Echo (1992)
The Black Ice (1993)
The Concrete Blonde (1994)
The Last Coyote (1995)
Trunk Music (1997)
Angels Flight (1999)
A Darkness More Than Night (2001)
City Of Bones (2002)
Lost Light (2003)
The Narrows (2004) (sequel to The Poet)
The Closers (2005)
Echo Park (2006)
The Overlook (2007)
Nine Dragons (2009) (also featuring Mickey Haller)
The Drop (2011)
The Black Box (2012)
The Burning Room (2014)
The Crossing (2015) (also featuring Mickey Haller)
The Wrong Side Of Goodbye (2016) (also featuring Mickey Haller)
Two Kinds Of Truth (2017) (also featuring Mickey Haller)
Dark Sacred Night (2018) (also featuring Renée Ballard)
The Night Fire (2019) (also featuring Renée Ballard)

Not sure if Mickey Haller appears in the prime series but he is a lawyer and Bosch's half brother.
Strange that you've mentioned the books. As a consequence of me watching the TV series, I'm now reading the Black Echo on my Kindle. Very good it is too. No doubt I will be getting others in the series of books after I've finished this one.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 06:42 AM

They are well worth it, Judd. Although each is a story in itself - it is best to read them in order as things happen along the way which explain some of Bosch's beliefs and attitudes.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
They are well worth it, Judd. Although each is a story in itself - it is best to read them in order as things happen along the way which explain some of Bosch's beliefs and attitudes.
Haven't got Amazon Prime but, like Silver Tabby, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Harry Bosch books. I've read every one and have never been disappointed. Even the Mickey Haller ones are brilliant.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top