Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 12:22 PM

Re: Technique

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That’s a shame Tiff
Trial & error then try again was me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 10:06 PM

Re: Technique

Quote Spitfire "Technique is paramount, in retrospect, simples, sort of."

Indeed it is Spitty, but techniques differ with a lot of tradesmen, one man doing something on a youtube video is just that man’s way of doing it, as they say “There’s more than one way of skinning a cat” you just have to find the technique that suits you best.

For example, when painting a door, some people start at the top and work down, others start in the middle and work across, and there are those who prefer to start at the bottom and work up.

I hate having to paint anything, it puts me into bad humour, I once had to paint the hall door, I started at the keyhole, next around the letterbox and the house numbers, then I flew off the handle.

Tip. Always spread your legs as wide apart as possible when painting doors, it minimises the chances of getting paint on your shoes.(they won’t tell you that on youtube)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top