Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 07:21 AM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Never had a flu-jab and can't remember the last time I had a cold or the flu.
My immune system is working well, I'm sure.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It does affect people here Mups. Realist puts people here off from having vaccinations. Yet he has no qualifications and refuses to admit that he is totally anti-vax. The anti-vax movement is dangerous and irresponsible. He should just admit he has a political agenda.
You're wasting your time. Realist's 'evidence' is just nonsense even his only quoted institution says:

Healthy adults who receive inactivated parenteral influenza vaccine rather than no vaccine probably experience less influenza, from just over 2% to just under 1% (moderate‐certainty evidence). They also probably experience less ILI following vaccination, but the degree of benefit when expressed in absolute terms varied across different settings. Variation in protection against ILI may be due in part to inconsistent symptom classification.
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...1269.pub6/full

In other words the vaccine reduced the occurrence of flu in adults by over 50%, you would think this a worthwhile result for any health system dealing with a constantly mutating virus.

If you look back through his older drivel you will find him misquoting/misunderstanding this and claiming the vaccine is only effective in 1% of cases.

The final sentence also explains his much touted 'statistical' increase in death rates in the UK - it is a nonsense also ie the criteria are varied every 5 or so years.

As you say he has absolutely no qualifications or experience in this subject whatsoever, like the other keyboard warriors and anti vaxxers his half baked Google based 'research' is a danger to society.

However don't forget to wear your Realist approved tin foil hat while having your vaccination. Quite trendy I believe.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 01:55 PM

I'm afraid silly jibes and childish pictures don't add any credibility to your argument. It is the purview of the ignorant and poor debaters to simply shout "conspiracy theory" in order to simpy close down argument. Thankfully there are millions of people out there who will absolutely NOT keep silent about what is going on in the vaccine industry.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Healthy adults who receive inactivated parenteral influenza vaccine rather than no vaccine probably experience less influenza, from just over 2% to just under 1% (moderate‐certainty evidence)"
Nice of you to cherry pick this part of the research, it's confusing to many people and misleading if not quantified.
Imagine if I said I was going to literally double the amount of rice that a starving African child has a day. I will increase it by 100% !!! Sounds fantastic doesn't it, except that the reality is the child was only getting ONE GRAIN of rice a day, and will now get TWO GRAINS which is 100% increase !!!

The Cochrane review which you kindly link to (here it is again):

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...1269.pub6/full

States some things extremely clearly.

Firstly it states that your basic chance of getting the flu in the first place is just 2.3%.

Let's be real, that means out of every 1000 people, only 23 of them will actually get Flu. Of those 23 most will get through the condition with no complications especially if they have a good immune system. Some people don't look after their immune system or are already ill, and yes, for those people Flu can be fatal. However this bit of "sensationalism" should be properly appraised because the ACTUAL MORTALITY RATES, i.e. the ACTUAL numbers of people who die from the Flu, is tiny.

Here are the numbers for the UK once again.

Government ONS Data
Deaths caused by Flu (ICD category J09)

2009 - 78
2010 - 37
2011 - 109
2012 - 76
2013 - 140
2014 - 86
2015 - 274
2016 - 313
2017 - 454

So, I will iterate again. Cochrane have stated clearly that only 23 people in every 1000 will actually get Flu if they just live their lives normally and don't have any Flu Vaccine.

Now if you go an vaccinate those 1000 people then the number of people who get Flu then drops to 9 people in every 1000.

So your chance of getting Flu is now just 0.9%. It was previously 2.3%, now after being vaccinated it's just 0.9%.

In percentage terms that's a drop of 1.4%

It's a pretty lame thing to wax lyrical about that being a near 50% drop.

In real terms it means out of 1000 people vaccinated, only 14 of them are any better off.

And real terms is what matters to me personally.

I'm of the opinion that if only 23 people in 1000 get the Flu anyway, then I'm not at all inclined to have the vaccination and that's purely on those numbers. Add into the equation some of the horrific ingredients in the toxic mix and the awful side effects that some people get (some life changing) then NO categorically I'm not the least bit interested in having a Flu Vaccine.

The rest of your post is just the usual vitriolic derisory clap trap and deserves no response.

The facts remain:

Your chances of getting the Flu in the first place are extremely small

Having the Flu shot reduces that already extremely small chance by a tiny amount (from 2.3% to 0.9%) but introduces ricks of serious side effects and potential vulnerabilities whilst your immune system is compromised trying to fight the vaccine virus.

Note also that the Cochrane review there provides the stats for the number hospitalisations as a result of Flu.

If you do nothing, the number of people getting hospitalised from Flu is 147 per 1000

If you vaccinate everyone the number of people getting hospitalised from Flu drops to just 141 per 1000

It's really not very effective at all is it ?!!!!

Each to their own.

For me, the Flu Vaccines remain utter snake oil.

I don't need it, it's largely pointless having it and I absolutely don't want that cocktail of toxins being put into my body.

By far and imho, the best possible action anyone can take concerning Flu or other virus, is to respect your immune system and keep it in very good condition.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 01:57 PM

Gosh, even your Aussie medical experts are saying the vaccine is useless !!

https://www.3aw.com.au/medical-exper...than-vaccines/

Flu shot ‘oversold’: Medical expert says Australians better off beating the flu with masks

"A public health expert has challenged the value of flu vaccinations.

And he told Neil Mitchell Australians would be better served wearing masks and installing hand-washing facilities in public places.

Professor Chris Del Mar, a medicine expert at the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine at Bond University, claims the flu vaccine is being “oversold” in Australia.

He says vaccines vary in their effectiveness.

“The flu vaccine is particularly ineffective, it only makes a small difference,” he said."
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 09:46 PM

AAaagggghhhhh! Not again!

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 09:01 AM

It never stopped, Judd.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK

14-08-2019, 07:56 PM

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:30 AM

I went to a funeral yesterday, a friend of mine I have known since the 80's, same age as me (well, three months younger as it happens) he died of complications caused by flu. He didn't have his free flu vaccination.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

15-08-2019, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I'm afraid silly jibes and childish pictures don't add any credibility to your argument. It is the purview of the ignorant and poor debaters to simply shout "conspiracy theory" in order to simpy close down argument. Thankfully there are millions of people out there who will absolutely NOT keep silent about what is going on in the vaccine industry.

<long, boring, constantly repeated drivel snipped>
...and he's off (again)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I went to a funeral yesterday, a friend of mine I have known since the 80's, same age as me (well, three months younger as it happens) he died of complications caused by flu. He didn't have his free flu vaccination.
I’m sorry to hear about your friend, Bruce

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top