Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Re: Ring pull can opener

Annoyingly, the smallest size Heinz Beans doesn't have a ring pull!
I buy the next size up which means I waste some beans

Those in little plastic packs just don't taste the same!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That, for me, is the difficult part. If I have pulled it enough to get the handle of a wooden spoon through the ring I can certainly pull it off with my fingers.
It's sometimes the odd difficult ring pull can that has my fingers becoming bruised and swollen. Rather than risk that I just use the method I explained in my previous post. The bruising and swelling is to do with medication I take so no alternative really. I feel sure anyone with slight arthritis may have trouble with these ring pull cans so my method could be useful for them too.

About time they put zips on the tins, that would solve the problem for all individuals!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Annoyingly, the smallest size Heinz Beans doesn't have a ring pull!
I buy the next size up which means I waste some beans

Those in little plastic packs just don't taste the same!
Wasting baked beans, that's a sin and really not necessary! I often have a spoonful or two of cold baked beans with salad, all part of a varied diet. That's if not using them to have on toast or having used just half a tin for that. I only ever buy the large Branston's 450g tins and find any unused beans keep for ages in a Tupperware container in the fridge!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 05:48 PM

I got a plastic one from Betterware for my mother years ago, still got it but hopefully I will never need it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Wasting baked beans, that's a sin and really not necessary! I often have a spoonful or two of cold baked beans with salad, all part of a varied diet. That's if not using them to have on toast or having used just half a tin for that. I only ever buy the large Branston's 450g tins and find any unused beans keep for ages in a Tupperware container in the fridge!
By the time I fancy beans again they're not worth eating. They go in the recycle.
What I really need is someone to share them with!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top