Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 07:14 AM

Re: Hands ...

Originally Posted by spitfire ->

I do everything with my hands, where I go they go, I find the most comfortable spot for them is on the end of my arms, (the end furthest from my torso).

I used to wave my arms and hands around a lot when I talked but had to learn not to do that once I started working as a PA so now, they remain under control! If I'm standing, they are generally clasped together in front or behind me, if sitting, then they are in my lap.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 07:51 PM

My mother always use to say .. don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing .. That is the reason I keep my hands a far distance apart ..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
My mother always use to say .. don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing .. That is the reason I keep my hands a far distance apart ..
What happens after a toilet visit, I am trying to envisage remote hand washing.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 11:02 PM

when sat hands on lap fingers clasped together, standing talking, hands either round my back or on my hip.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 11:47 PM

When I am not doing anything, I will sit with my hands on my lap or stomach (depending on the way I am sitting) with my fingers entwined, almost as if in prayer but looser than that, if you know what I mean. If I am smoking, then one hand will hold the cigarette/cigar whilst the other will rest where ever is most comfortable at that given time. Whilst standing my hands are clasped behind my back.

My wife on the other hand (get it, hand? No? Sorry, that was poor) rests her left hand on her right arm slightly above the elbow and puts her right hand under her chin.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 12:34 AM

I sit on my hands to stop them from shaking.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 01:04 AM

Robert not being funny .. is there times they don't shake ..
or do they shake constantly ...
If that is the case .. it must be very annoying .. not having control ..
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 01:20 AM

If I'm chatting quietly in general conversation I tend to put my right hand open into my left hand hand open.

If I'm getting agitated, then I may occasionally use my hands to get to a point.

Many people can't talk without using their hands and/or arms, but I think that's generally people who are uptight or very enthusiastic in their normal behaviour, like old Magnus Pyke, if you can remember him, bless him.
sugarbug
canada

15-09-2013, 03:40 AM

I don't need my hands to talk .. as long as I have my tongue .. and my vocal cords ..
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2013, 05:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBslXprykHA

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top